Rainbow Bridge North Trail

DanDBiker

I've got a permit to hike the Rainbow Bridge North trail in late April. Its been about 20 years since I did this hike. Does anyone have information on the current condition of the trail and/or route finding difficulties? Thanks

3 of us did it 2 yrs ago in late April. The biggest problem is the road north of the Navajo station. We did manage to get down to the actual trailhead in a 4x4 with no real problems. On the way out a larger group had a shuttle and the shuttle dropped them probably 2 or 3 miles from the trailhead. There is still a picnic table about 7 or so miles in. I have posted our hike here in backcountry post if you are interested.

here is the report link:
https://backcountrypost.com/threads/rainbow-bridge-north-trail-this-time-the-full-trail.4638/

3 of us did it 2 yrs ago in late April. The biggest problem is the road north of the Navajo station. We did manage to get down to the actual trailhead in a 4x4 with no real problems. On the way out a larger group had a shuttle and the shuttle dropped them probably 2 or 3 miles from the trailhead. There is still a picnic table about 7 or so miles in. I have posted our hike here in backcountry post if you are interested.

here is the report link:
https://backcountrypost.com/threads/rainbow-bridge-north-trail-this-time-the-full-trail.4638/
Great. Thanks for the link. Its a really good read. I'm not too worried about the road. We have a relaxed timetable so adding a couple miles wouldn't be a big deal. I was a little worried that route finding might be an issue but it doesn't seem like any of the reports, including yours, note that as an issue. I've been dreaming of getting back there for a long time.

Great. Thanks for the link. Its a really good read. I'm not too worried about the road. We have a relaxed timetable so adding a couple miles wouldn't be a big deal. I was a little worried that route finding might be an issue but it doesn't seem like any of the reports, including yours, note that as an issue. I've been dreaming of getting back there for a long time.

Following the trail was no problem. There are a few narrow and rocky areas in the area before one drops into the final canyon but no problem whatsoever following the trail. As I stated the hardest thing to follow is the road to the trailhead. Lots of side roads and not always obvious which way to turn. There are some nice campsites approx where the north and south trails meet.

Following the trail was no problem. There are a few narrow and rocky areas in the area before one drops into the final canyon but no problem whatsoever following the trail. As I stated the hardest thing to follow is the road to the trailhead. Lots of side roads and not always obvious which way to turn. There are some nice campsites approx where the north and south trails meet.
Awesome news. Thanks again.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D Current Water-Rainbow Bridge North Trail Trip Planning 0
Eugene Rainbow Bridge North Trail (this time the full trail) Backpacking 1
Eugene North Rainbow Bridge Trail Backpacking 7
Eugene Rainbow Bridge - North Trail Trip Planning 6
gnwatts Rainbow Photography 0
wabenho Rainbow Lake, Uintas - September 2018 Backpacking 6
tomcat32 Anaconda-Pintler Wilderness: Little Rainbow Mountain Hiking & Camping 3
kimbur96 Tarptent Double Rainbow or Big Agnes Copper Spur HV UL2? Gear 2
powderglut Rainbow Rim Trail, Kaibab NF? Trip Planning 2
Keith Lamar River, Mist Creek, Pelican Valley, Hot Springs Basin, Rainbow Springs and Joseph Coat Springs Backpacking 15
Jammer Rainbow Ridge Redux Hiking & Camping 11
E Kayaking and Hiking in the Rainbow Area, Lake Powell. 4/7-4/13/13. On The Water 2
Jammer Rainbow Ridge Backpacking 7
blueeyes Rainbow Rim June 2012 Hiking & Camping 5
regehr Maybird Gulch bridge is broken Hiking & Camping 4
Titans CEDAR MESA VISITS: OPEN AGAIN// (Extended bridge closure, west of Blanding, on SR-95) General Discussion 5
fossana Sheep Bridge/Lower JEM trail (Virgin, UT) Conservation Project General Discussion 5
J Mamie Creek Natural Bridge General Discussion 1
SKLund Chimayosos, A Bridge, and Ian Barbosa Hiking & Camping 3
WasatchWill Hiking Chimney Rock & Hickman Bridge Hiking & Camping 2
Eugene Escalante River Town to Hwy 12 Bridge Backpacking 7
IntrepidXJ Bear Creek & Bridge of Heaven Hiking & Camping 9
uintahiker Tonto Natural Bridge, AZ Hiking & Camping 2
pixie1339 Hickman Bridge Trail General Discussion 6
John Mckean Boulder mail trail to Hwy 12 bridge question General Discussion 6
Timber High Sierra - North Lake to South Lake Loop - Layover Day Trip Planning 9
J Pacific Creek or North Buffalo Fork? Teton Wilderness, Thorofare ,etc. Trip Planning 10
kwc Wandering about In Theodore Roosevelt NP (north unit) Hiking & Camping 5
scatman North Ridge of City Creek Canyon - February 4, 2023 Hiking & Camping 17
kwc Round Lake, north central Adirondacks, in the Round Lake Wilderness On The Water 2
Udink North of Arches Hiking & Camping 6
Janice The Wave - and SO MUCH MORE! (Coyote Buttes North, South, White Pocket, Buckskin, Condors, Bighorns...) - Part 1 Hiking & Camping 14
scatman North Pitchstone Trail, Headwaters of Ouzel Creek, Bechler River and Mr. Bubbles(?) - Yellowstone National Park - September 13, 2021 Backpacking 36
K North To Alaska - The Aleutians and More Everything Else 3
OwenM Anyone here familiar with North Cascades NP? Trip Planning 9
Chuck the Mauler Sierra North Lake / South Lake "loop" questions Trip Planning 10
Bob Morris North Inlet Trail Trip Planning 3
scatman North Summit, Mount Olympus - July 3, 2021 Hiking & Camping 12
BJett Joyce Kilmer-Slickrock Wilderness Area. North Carolina. Backpacking 0
RyanP North Fork Bull Lake Creek Trip Planning 35
BackpackingtheSierras Republic Pass Trail North Absaroka into Yellowstone Cache Creek and Lamar River Trip Planning 1
NorthwestWanderer North Cascades NP : Dee Dee Lakes & the Mcallister Ledge Backpacking 0
NorthwestWanderer North Cascades - Cutthroat/Granite/snowy lakes passes Backpacking 3
scatman North Summit, Mount Olympus - October 17, 2020 Hiking & Camping 16
U Favorite sites in Glacier in North Fork, Lake McDonald or Cole/Nyack? Looking at mid july Trip Planning 2
Bob Grand Canyon North Rim wildfire Trip Planning 4
J North Cascades National Park Black and Corteo Peaks Traverse Aug 21-23, 2007 Retro Backpacking 3
U Glacier North Circle Loop Mid July - Looking for an alternative back-up plan for a 3-4 nighter Trip Planning 0
Mikjik86 FULL Video Part 2 Backpacking Glacier National Park "North Circle Route" Backpacking 0
Dhuff3243 North Fork Robbers Roost and Blarney canyon Trip Planning 0