Rae Lakes Loop, SEKI, June 2020

norwegianxplorer

Norwegian Xplorer
I was invited by my new friends Chuck and Matt to come along and do the Rae Lakes loop in Sequoia Kings Canyon 10 days ago, here is my video from one of the most stunning areas I have backpacked in, with an abundance of wildlife and amazing lakes and views everywhere. Enjoy!

Rae Lakes Loop

I would like a bit of that Paradise right now. Sometimes I look at the fact that the video is an hour long, but then by about minute 15 I can feel the wind and almost smell it. Then it is ending and I look back at my inbox and everyone is looking for me.
I was at Rae Lakes for lunch.

Beautiful area, we watched it yesterday evening, projected on the wall. Amazing scenery. Thanks for sharing!
Now, the bear.... when projected so big on the wall, those bear claws were very prominent o_O

SEKI loop of some kind was high on the list this year. Thanks for another great video.

I'm heading to SEKI in 2 weeks, how was the weather? Bugs?

I'm heading to SEKI in 2 weeks, how was the weather? Bugs?

The weather was fantastic. Cool at night (right at 32* on the 3rd night Arrowhead Lake). Warn / hot during the days (mid 70's) but very breezy. So we had no real issues with bugs. Both passes were clear of snow. It was still present at Glen pass, but could be avoided completely.

Back