Quick Southwest trip Jan 14-18 - Looking for suggestions

jdgibney

So, I managed to score a couple of permits for Coyote Buttes North for Fri, Jan 16. Won't have time for an extended trip, but I'm flying out Weds, landing in Vegas Wed, Jan 14 around noon, and flying home Sunday, Jan 18 around noon. I'd like to maximize what we can see, and photograph in that time, and hopefully see some stuff that I havent yet seen in my visits to the area. I wouldn't mind return trips to Valley of Fire and Lower Antelope and Horseshoe Bend, and Coral Pink Sand Dunes but it would be cool to see some different maybe even lesser known things if anyone has any suggestions.... The only thing set in stone is the hike out to the Wave and hopefully to see more of the area this time, on that Friday. The rest of the time is up in the air other than driving from Vegas and driving back to Vegas.

Thanks in advance!

Plan alternates......you never know what the winter weather in Utah is until the week before ;)

Oh I know :) we lucked out last time, same time of year and it was a beautiful day, though I wish we had a few clouds for photos

You lucky dog. That sounds like an awesome trip. I'll be in your neck of the woods this weekend. I might PM you for the inside scoop on weather conditions.

Back