Post Your Videos

Vegan.Hiker

A place for BCP members to post their own videos of the great outdoors and discuss techniques, software, etc.

There's also another video thread (Cinemascapes) about professional videos and interesting non-member videos here: http://backcountrypost.com/forum/threads/cinemascapes.1604/

Since there wasn't a dedicated BCP Member Video thread before I'll try to link some of the ones I've come across.

Bob Palin's video plucked from the Cinemascapes thread.

Birdman445 video of the Wind River Range Backpacking Trip

Last edited:
My last video moved from here from my TR thread to here.

I'm new to video editing and use Cyberlink Power Director 12. I'm wondering else if anyone else here uses Cyberlink and if not, what do other members use for video editing.

Last edited:
Love this thread already. Here's a an older one of mine that I just spruced up a bit today. Full trip report here: http://backcountrypost.com/forum/threads/russell-gulch-the-subway.1600/

This really makes me want to go back to Zion.

Wow that was awesome, very creative shots and angles to go with some unreal landscapes (particularly those shelf waterfalls at the end). Great music pairing too. What editing software did you use for this if you don't mind me asking?

Here is a video I finished up after a long time of shooting lapses, and having nothing done with them.

Well done!! I love those clouds in the Squirrel Master sequence. And mad props on writing, performing and recording your own music. It together nicely.

Well done!! I love those clouds in the Squirrel Master sequence. And mad props on writing, performing and recording your own music. It together nicely.

Thanks! I played music long before I got into photography. It was fun combining the two.

Here's another one of my older videos. It may not be my best, but it's probably my favorite. I just went through and did some updates, stabilized some clips, etc. This was from a trip through Neon Canyon, one of my favorite technical canyons, if not my #1. I'm feeling a strong urge to revisit this one next year.

Rather than the standard Fence Canyon or B-Line route to get to Neon, we took a very long, and very difficult path down Egypt 6 and then down Twentyfive Mile Wash. It was right after some massive flash flooding which made passage extraordinarily difficult. Trip report here: http://bcpost.me/1rIJ7sS

Very cool. Really neat how you guys finagle in and about in those canyons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Janice Field Trip - Washington Post podcast about national parks General Discussion 0
Rockskipper Lunar eclipse shots anyone? Post 'em here. Photography 10
Nethos Another water post(Bowdie/Midway) Trip Planning 10
D First Post Noobs: Introduce yourself! 0
TrektheWorld Backcountry Post Logo - Found! Everything Else 1
JBinSB Captioning photos in my post Questions, Suggestions & Support 1
Cait Hell's Kitchen Basin - Old Pack Trail post Box Fire Trip Reports 3
balzaccom Self promotional post. Really. General Discussion 6
fossana Death Valley road closures post flooding Trip Planning 3
Nick 2018 Backcountry Post Shirts General Discussion 106
Perry Forgive my Non-backcountry Post... Santa Came Early to My House Photography 15
longtimesun Happy to provide beta on Mountains - New timer to BackCountry Post Noobs: Introduce yourself! 1
Outdoor_Fool Yellowstone - 9 Mile Post to South Entrance Backpacking 1
R Noob post Noobs: Introduce yourself! 0
R Noob post Noobs: Introduce yourself! 3
JohnP Mt Olympus - a Noob's First Post Hiking & Camping 13
Tye Dye Twins Where to Post Backcountry skiing stuff? Questions, Suggestions & Support 8
uintahiker Sierra Trading Post coupon codes Gear 15
rundrumkc Post hike--BURGER & FRIES General Discussion 9
Antlerking Album Unique, not seen finds - Post yours Photography 31
slc_dan Hamburger Rocks via The Post -Capitol Reef- Backpacking 14
Laura Need help deleting useless post ;) Questions, Suggestions & Support 2
Nick Post photos to our wall, get a free shirt General Discussion 16
Nick Show off your Backcountry Post stickers! General Discussion 55
Backcountry Post Quick Start Guide To Using Backcountry Post Questions, Suggestions & Support 2
Nick Sierra Trading Post Coupon Codes Gear 30
Nick Post Your Trip Reports & Gear Reviews To Win Free Gear! General Discussion 38
uintahiker New suggestion- mandatory Noob post when signing up Questions, Suggestions & Support 1
andyjaggy A couple of Backpacking Trip Report Videos Backpacking 0
Bob Wolf Videos General Discussion 0
Mikjik86 Introducing Myself! Check out my Backpacking videos! Noobs: Introduce yourself! 2
blueeyes Youtube Outdoor Videos General Discussion 51
L New instructional videos on rigging anchors Gear 0
Joey Trip Videos: Grand Teton's Paintbrush Divide, Grizzly Bear Lake, Avalanche Canyon, Snowdrift Lake Backpacking 14
Joey Posting videos from facebook Questions, Suggestions & Support 3
kalaman Our videos of our road trip in the Southwest Photography 2
Dan Sharin' the Stoke - Videos General Discussion 5
Nick Issues with embedded videos Questions, Suggestions & Support 6