Poll: Light vs. Dark Theme

What do you prefer for backcountrypost, dark or light colors?

• Dark

Votes: 14 87.5%
  • Light

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other: See comments below.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

Spiral out.
When I put the site together, I used a largely pre-built theme. For most of you, that should be the Black-Green theme. I'm working towards eventually integrating the front page with the forum and I will be creating a unified look. I'm just curious if people generally prefer a dark theme like the one we have now that is mostly black and grey (but not necessarily the exact one we have now), or a lighter theme that would be more whites and greys.

Thanks for your opinions.

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

Tim Valentine

I like the dark theme also for its enhancement of photos. Now that I have become a paying/logged in member it appears that my background is now white. Is that a permanent change?

Wanderlust073

I like the dark theme also for its enhancement of photos. Now that I have become a paying/logged in member it appears that my background is now white. Is that a permanent change?
Click that lightbulb in the upper right to toggle it.

texasbb

Misplaced Texan
The dark theme is horrid, one of the worst I've seen. Seriously, I can hardly see anything. Maybe if I sat in a dark closet it would be visible.

Nick

Spiral out.
The dark theme is horrid, one of the worst I've seen. Seriously, I can hardly see anything. Maybe if I sat in a dark closet it would be visible.
I find your opinion to be horrid, but what's great is that we offer you the choice to use a light theme, all totally for free and despite the fact that the majority of BCP users prefer the dark theme. Have a nice day!

Also, maybe you should look into a better monitor or some glasses? Definitely seems like a problem on your end...

Status
Not open for further replies.