Photoshop? LR? Elements? Premier?

USU just recently got a deal with Adobe where you can purchase Adobe CC for $10/year!!!! This includes everything in the Master Suite. You have to be a student or employee to get the deal. I'm not sure if other Universities have this deal, but it might be worth checking out if you are a student or employee at a University.

USU just recently got a deal with Adobe where you can purchase Adobe CC for $10/year!!!! This includes everything in the Master Suite. You have to be a student or employee to get the deal. I'm not sure if other Universities have this deal, but it might be worth checking out if you are a student or employee at a University.

Whoa, sweet! My wife is a staff member at the U. I'll have to see if they have this yet. Thanks for the tip!

Whoa, sweet! My wife is a staff member at the U. I'll have to see if they have this yet. Thanks for the tip!
Let me know what you find out, as my lady works for the u too.

Hmmmmmm...........considering some of the mallet-heads I have talked to at Adobe, maybe they will accept a 20 yr old USU student card as proof?

For someone is who is brand new to photo / video editing, where would you all recommend I start?
I just downloaded the elements / premier package on a 30 day trial. I've played with it for a few days,
but I don't know that I've really made any photos better than they were. Is this a good place to start
or is LR better? Thanks

Lightroom for sure. But only if you're shooting in RAW. If you're just going JPEG, a basic editor/library program is just fine. iPhoto if you have a Mac, not sure what the equivalent is on PC.

I used Picasa before I switching to LR and shooting in RAW.

For someone is who is brand new to photo / video editing, where would you all recommend I start?
I just downloaded the elements / premier package on a 30 day trial. I've played with it for a few days,
but I don't know that I've really made any photos better than they were. Is this a good place to start
or is LR better? Thanks

I will say that I found the initial learning curve for LR very steep. But, once I got the hang of it, I ended up loving it. And that is from a guy that does not like Adobe as a company. The fact is that they hit it right with LR. My only concern with LR is longevity. I mostly shoot family outdoor shots like climbing, hiking, etc. Right now, if I were to disappear in Imlay canyon or something similar......my family would just have a thousand, crappy looking, family shots in RAW format and would not even know how to find and apply all of my LR work. I have been wondering if I should export some of the better ones to JPEGs just to store. If LR went away I guess I would have a bunch of dull, RAW files.