Photography Classes Online and Free

Artemus

I walk
Just notifying you folks about a new and free service we have just made available to all Salt Lake County Library patrons - Lynda.com

Full disclosure: in my day job I am on the Salt Lake County Library team in Web Services. Since the service is free I don't feel bad recommending it to you nor am I conflicted. I am a long-time user of this service and can report excellent course quality and excellent customer service from this vendor.

Apologies: Sorry my non-SLCounty friends here - I recognize many of you do not have a county library card but a large percentage of you do live in my home county and should have one. All others here that do not have a library card, Lynda.com is so good it justifies the expense of a subscription as I had before. Perhaps your local library also offers the service or could be persuaded to?

Lynda.com has an excellent catalog of high quality photography training both in general and also for the tools many of us commonly use like Adobe Lightroom.

Case in point: one I am currently taking and can already recommend:

Landscape Photography with a Telephoto Lens
http://www.lynda.com/Cameras-Gear-t...oto-lens-isolation-scene/460441/475649-4.html

Recommended. Take a look at all their photography training options. There are many.

One place to access the service on the Library site (you have to access it through the library site so we can authenticate to your library card instead of directly at lynda.com):
http://www.slcolibrary.org/rr/rrln/index.htm

Learn. Enjoy.

I had thought about doing a trial on Lynda before. Now I can definitely try it out.
Tx

I would love to do those classes, but its a little to expensive for me. BUt I really like photography so maybe I will try one month out. Really interested in that class you mentioned in your post!

I would love to do those classes, but its a little to expensive for me. BUt I really like photography so maybe I will try one month out. Really interested in that class you mentioned in your post!
Check with your local library, Mike. Maybe they carry it or you could suggest that they do.

I know this is an old thread, but since Lynda.com was mentioned in another thread, I wanted to bump it back up. I will add that Justin Reznik's class on shooting in the Palouse led me to head up that way last summer and try my hand at shooting off Steptoe Butte. I've watched probably a dozen of these classes and they're really good.

Cool, it looks like my library has a Lynda subscription. Now I need to figure out how to get into my library account :)