Peak Refuel

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

Michael

Alien from over the pond...
Love to read your review after your trip.
Maybe a good addition to Mtn. House.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

WasatchWill

Ready For More
Yep...I've had a few. I enjoyed the Sweet Pork one. Actually took along some tortillas and spinach for a first night out and made some wraps that were great with it. Had their Teriyaki Chicken and wasn't as impressed, but it wasn't bad either. Then, more recently, a friend hooked me up with one of their newer flavors, Chicken Pesto Pasta, and it was incredible! Like the best meal I've ever eaten out of a pouch.

TeamJenkins17

Yep...I've had a few. I enjoyed the Sweet Pork one. Actually took along some tortillas and spinach for a first night out and made some wraps that were great with it. Had their Teriyaki Chicken and wasn't as impressed, but it wasn't bad either. Then, more recently, a friend hooked me up with one of their newer flavors, Chicken Pesto Pasta, and it was incredible! Like the best meal I've ever eaten out of a pouch.

View attachment 79781

View attachment 79782
Sweet!! That definitely makes me feel better, I like to do breakfast easy out of a pouch and I had heard Peak was amazing so I decided to go for it. They also have a beef pasta marinara that has 980 calories and 50 grams or protein, perfect for those grueling, 1000 switchback, all uphill days lol

Michael

View attachment 79781

View attachment 79782
Thank you Will,
I hope Sportsman‘s Warehouse has good choices.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

WasatchWill

Ready For More
Thank you Will,
I hope Sportsman‘s Warehouse has good choices.

Just know that this brand typically costs about $5 more than a Mountain House meal....but you're also paying for more pure food and not the fluff and filler that's common with a lot of MH meals. I will do a Peak meal now as a "premium meal" when I want to splurge for a day, such as the biggest day or final day of a multi-day trip, but it would get too pricey for me to outfit the bulk of my menus with the stuff, as much I'd like to at times.

Michael

Yes I know. :(
But I think these 5 bucks are a good investment to crown a special day or trip.
Unfortunately - it looks like, that this brand isn't to buy in off-line stores aka Sportsman's or CAL-Ranch. And online at "PR" Pasta Marinara is sold out.

To combine PR meals with other foods is an other great idea. :):thumbsup: Heike, my wife, love that. We have to change our shopping list for the upcoming trip.

WasatchWill

Ready For More
Yes I know. :(
But I think these 5 bucks are a good investment to crown a special day or trip.
Unfortunately - it looks like, that this brand isn't to buy in off-line stores aka Sportsman's or CAL-Ranch. And online at "PR" Pasta Marinara is sold out.

To combine PR meals with other foods is an other great idea. :):thumbsup: Heike, my wife, love that. We have to change our shopping list for the upcoming trip.
I just saw PR meals at my local Sportsman's last week, so I don't know why others wouldn't carry it.

Bob

Trailmaster
May be good.... But imo it's not worth that price...... I'd guess they are making excessive profits......

Michael

For us the only possibility to receive a warm meal during a backpacking trip. We don’t have a pan or other nice cooking equipment. Caused on the luggage weight limitations on the flight to the States. 23 kilogram per piece of luggage aren’t much.
I’ll see what they have in St. George and Cedar City.