- Aug 8, 2016
This guy makes a pretty good case for using the core of paracord as a best, budget friendly fire starter. Anyone had any experience using it?
Same kinds of thoughts here as well. Plastics give off toxic fumes when combusting. For that reason I don’t like dryer lint either. There are so many good materials for this but plastics are not one of them.Something about burning plastic to start a fire feels wrong to me, but maybe it's just from being in Boy Scouts. But I guess it's a small amount of plastic. You could probably burn a Ziploc bag or a granola bar wrapper to start a fire too....
I'm in the petroleum jelly and cotton balls camp as well.