Pacific Creek, Moss Lake and Gravel Lake - Teton Wilderness - October 7, 2022

I like Brian's spirit :)

looks like a great couple of days, glad you did not end up with a broken leg

Yes, Brian has a great attitude. He also uses a shovel as a hiking pole. :thinking: Talk about a "Heavy" spoon. :)
95.jpg
97.jpg

Yeah, I was lucky with that rock. I had a moment of panic, as I though it might hit my head as I laid there, and that it just pushed my leg further into the mud.

How about anything else ....any thoughts yet? I have quite a few around 30 miles........ Ill send you.. LIke to hit one a month. And the Lee Metcalf one is a under the radar one to do.......... and .........

I really want to do that loop in the Washakie, that goes near Francs Peak, and over Burwell and Bear Creek Passes. The Lee Metcalf has my interest peaked also.

Molly and Dooley would for sure be compatible, but that missing chromosome would guarantee nothing would ever come of it. :)

Looks like Triangle X mules headed for Mink Creek. Some of the stories I've heard from that legendary hunting camp are downright hilarious. Gawd it was special back there before '88. Even with all the deadfall now I'd be wearing serious orange.

I used to go to Arizona Lake occasionally but had a bear wander in and out of rock throwing range about 15 years ago and just don't want to go back without company. The western Teton Wilderness just doesn't get much traffic. Been a while since I've been up there but saw bears 3 different times hiking up Huckleberry MT. Browns Grave was quite interesting one single digit morning one October. Companion was shivering and it really bugged her well into a much warmer afternoon.

Thanks for a great report.

Yes, Brian has a great attitude. He also uses a shovel as a hiking pole. :thinking: Talk about a "Heavy" spoon. :)
View attachment 115405
View attachment 115406

Yeah, I was lucky with that rock. I had a moment of panic, as I though it might hit my head as I laid there, and that it just pushed my leg further into the mud.
I bet he can dig a cat hole better and faster than any other backpacker out there!

Molly and Dooley would for sure be compatible, but that missing chromosome would guarantee nothing would ever come of it. :)

You just had to go and bring up the missing chromosome didn't you? :) Maybe we should drop one letter from their names to compensate for the missing chromosome? Moly and Doley perhaps?

Okay, Skipper, I think we need to be doing this on the old outfitter's trail to Moss Lake. Nothing like a two-person crosscut saw to get the heart beating. What do you think? With enough practice, we could become misery whip champions! :D

Saw_two_person_01.jpg

Looks like Triangle X mules headed for Mink Creek. Some of the stories I've heard from that legendary hunting camp are downright hilarious. Gawd it was special back there before '88. Even with all the deadfall now I'd be wearing serious orange.

I used to go to Arizona Lake occasionally but had a bear wander in and out of rock throwing range about 15 years ago and just don't want to go back without company. The western Teton Wilderness just doesn't get much traffic. Been a while since I've been up there but saw bears 3 different times hiking up Huckleberry MT. Browns Grave was quite interesting one single digit morning one October. Companion was shivering and it really bugged her well into a much warmer afternoon.

Thanks for a great report.

I wore some serious pink.

Mink Creek is some wild country.

Probably nope on the saw. I once helped haul in the timbers and build a bridge for the FS up above Boulder CO when in grad school there. A volunteer project because I was dating one of the FS guys. We both must've been missing chromosomes because nothing came of it except a nice bridge and some sore backs.

I have never seen that Peak meal before! I have to find it :)
And those nachos looked amazing!!