Outside Podcast

DrNed

The mountains are calling and I must go
I listen to A LOT of podcasts.

Every week or so I check out the categories I'm interested in to see if there's anything new.

This week I came across Outside Podcast by Outside Magazine. They're doing a season of
The Science of Survival. The first episode was about the physiologic responses to cold.
Interesting and entertaining. You can check it out here - Outside Podcast.

The first episode is based on this article.

It made me think of this book - 98.6

More often than not survival is about managing your temperature (and not falling )

If you're into such things, check out the podcast.

Also, I'd love it if any of you have podcast recommendations.

Nice! I'll have to check this out. I love podcasts, too. Outdoor podcasts are hard to come by. It seems like once people start them, they don't keep going for very long. My theory is that it's because outdoorsy folks are hard to pin down.:) If you haven't checked it out already there's a good weekly backpacking podcast called The First 40 Miles that I'd recommend.

I really like The Trail Show. It's not particularly serious (their motto is "Beer, Trails, and Nonsense" and/or "less gear, more beer"), but if you're looking for a podcast that makes you feel like you're on-trail while listening, that's it. Think four hikers sitting around a campfire with a couple sixers and a lot of combined trail experience.

It focuses primarily, though not exclusively, on long-distance trails. They feature a different trail each month. A couple of local trails, including the UHT, Hayduke, AZT, and Wind River High Route have been featured. It's put out monthly, and I always look forward to the next episode being released.

http://thetrailshow.com/

I'll check it out. I love outdoor podcast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice! I'll have to check this out. I love podcasts, too. Outdoor podcasts are hard to come by. It seems like once people start them, they don't keep going for very long. My theory is that it's because outdoorsy folks are hard to pin down.:) If you haven't checked it out already there's a good weekly backpacking podcast called The First 40 Miles that I'd recommend.
I am a regular listener to the First 40 Miles and throughly enjoy it!

A new one I've found is Outside/In (O/I) by New Hampshire Public Radio. It's a little more science but very interesting and enjoyable.

Last edited:
Ive really liked the Outside Science of Survival - Id love to hear what others think.

I am a regular listener to the First 40 Miles and throughly enjoy it!

A new one I've found is Outside/In (O/I) by New Hampshire Public Radio. It's a little more science but very interesting and enjoyable.
If you like outdoors podcast. Check out The Dirtbag Diaries. Very well written interesting stories.