Notch to Divide Lakes

MtnMatt

Watch yer top-knot
Took the family on a nice hike from Crystal Lake trailhead past Wall lake to the Notch then cut across to the Divide Lakes, then down to Little Hidden for a quick meal of ramen noodles and Brook Trout. Then back out past Cliff and Watson Lakes ending up back at the truck. All tired and hungry but very satisfied from a great hike full of wildflowers, mt goats some decent fishing and good family fun.

Wall lake as can be expected was pretty crowded with scouts and various groups but once we left Wall lake we didn't see anyone else. There was one couple that were just hiking to the Notch and back but it was surprising to me to see how few people there were on a fairly popular trail. The ponds and meadows between Wall lake and the Notch were so beautiful on this hike. 071513_1653.JPG

The Wildflowers were especially bright and abundant.

071513_1656.JPG

Everywhere they could get a foothold the flowers were at their peak, even in the cracks of the cliffs

071513_1662.JPG

At the furthest point on our hike we stopped to have some lunch. more wildflowers along the shores of Little Hidden Lake
071513_1668.JPG

071513_1671.JPG

On our way back, more wildflowers
071513_1679.JPG
Just before dropping down that last hill to the trailhead, I loved the view across Cliff Lake
071513_1684.JPG

Featured image for home page:
slide.jpg

Ha! That's funny, that reminded me of some brookies I had once that had some of the darkest pink meat I've ever had (some of the best I've ever eaten). They were also caught in Hidden Lake. I wonder if it's something in the water over there. :confused:

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
WasatchWill A Night at Notch Lake Backpacking 10
WasatchWill Through the Notch and Back Backpacking 11
scatman The Notch - August 18, 2018 Hiking & Camping 6
stevecochranephotography Notch Mountain Trail - Mount of the Holy Cross and Shelter - Minturn, Colorado Hiking & Camping 4
Dave Notch Peak, April 2018 Hiking & Camping 11
Perry Tarptent Notch LI Gear 26
JDWalters Notch Petroglyph Trip Planning 3
B Uintas - Wall Lake to The Notch Trip Planning 4
Illuminations2k Uintas - Twin Lakes and the Notch - July 27-28, 2015 Backpacking 3
Blake Merrell Meadow, Ibantik, and over the Notch! Backpacking 18
WasatchWill Daddy Daughter: To the Notch & 17 Lakes Backpacking 34
natylka Notch Peak-June 2014 Hiking & Camping 0
andyjaggy Notch Peak Trip Planning 9
DrNed Ibantik Lake - Notch Lake Backpacking 11
Udink Uintas - Notch Mountain Area Backpacking 12
DrNed East Notch Mountain - Uintas Trip Planning 2
JD Notch Lake Trip Planning 2
K Cycling The Divide Mountain Route Trip Planning 16
seekinglost Continental Divide Trail Thru Hike 2018 - 31 Episode Video Series Backpacking 40
J Brooks Lake area to Younts Peak via the Continental Divide Trip Planning 24
Cburton A week along the Continental Divide in Wind River Range Backpacking 20
AKay09 RMNP Continental Divide Loop 9/17 Backpacking 14
muir_mountain Italian Peaks: Divide Creek Lake and Deadman Creek Backpacking 6
kimbur96 Want to plan my first multi day trip, thinking Continental Divide NST Trip Planning 3
Absarokanaut One Last Shot at Sublette: A Sensational Saturday on the Cliffed Crest of the Continental Divide Hiking & Camping 4
Absarokanaut WYOMING: Continental Divide Trail Fire Closure General Discussion 8
JimmyW Showshoe trip on the Divide Trail Hiking & Camping 1
dfcooper Great Divide Trail Trip Planning 1
Artemus Backcountry route/Divide Crossing to Red Castle Lake General Discussion 3
T GSMNP Sunkota Ridge, Thomas Divide, Noland Divide, Deep Creek Backpacking 4
Joey Trip Videos: Grand Teton's Paintbrush Divide, Grizzly Bear Lake, Avalanche Canyon, Snowdrift Lake Backpacking 14
Ben Baron Divide, Sawtooths, june 2014 Backpacking 10
Joey 4 Night trip in the Tetons, Grizzly Bear Lake, Paintbrush Divide, Littles Peak Backpacking 18
IntrepidXJ Dallas Divide to Telluride Hiking & Camping 10
IntrepidXJ Dallas Divide & Owl Creek Pass Off Road 5
Artemus Amethyst Pass route across the Uintas Divide Backpacking 8
IntrepidXJ Paradise Divide Hiking & Camping 11
gnwatts Thompson Creek & Divide, Co Photography 7
Go-deep North Ogden divide over Mount Ogden to 29th T/H 26 miles Backpacking 3
B Beartooth Lakes Info Trip Planning 1
TheMountainRabbit Dana Meadows to Twin Lakes via the High Route (Yosemite/Hoover Wilderness) - August 2023 Backpacking 8
wabenho Big Pine Lakes – John Muir Wilderness Backpacking 6
shredhiker Kings Canyon July 2022 Kearsarge, Rae, & Sixty Lakes Backpacking 8
R Wind River Range: Green River Lakes/Clarks Trail/Porcupine Creek Trail Trip Planning 3
Mikjik86 Another Wind River Trip Planning! Elkhart/Titcomb/Knapsack/Shannons Pass loop back to Elkhart, or continue to Green River Lakes Trailhead? Trip Planning 10
John Goering Boulder Lakes, Tobacco Root Mountains Off Road 0
2eez4life Four lakes or Naturalist Trip Planning 5
WasatchWill WRHR - Day 7: Beaver Park to Green River Lakes Backpacking 15
westy Invite Also, Alpine Lakes Wilderness Meet Up (Members Only) 0
Mountain Wanderer Four Lakes Basin in the Southern Cabinet Mountains - Montana Backpacking 12