non- freestanding tents! give me your advice!!!

I think you will like your tarptent. I have the Squall 2. Its light enough for one, but roomy enough for two. I made one improvement in the design that might help you. To keep the tent sag free overnight in damp weather, I attached two sections of surgical tubing to the guy lines at each end, and the sides. They are sold as "snubbers" in fishing stores, such as Cabela's. Get the largest size they have. The snubbers let the tent flex in wind, but snap back in place when the gust of wind passes. I got the tyvek footprint with my Sqaull 2, but have been leaving it at home, and saving a pound.
Great idea. This idea could probably be used on many tents!

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
The Trout Whisperer Non kilt wearin’ version of th Gneiss Creek Expedition part 3… Backpacking 0
The Trout Whisperer Non kilt wearin’ version of th Gneiss Creek trip, part 2, Backpacking 4
The Trout Whisperer Non kilt wearin’ version of th Gneiss Creek Expedition part 1 Backpacking 4
G another lurker converting to a non-lurker Noobs: Introduce yourself! 0
M Non-technical 1-2 night backpacking w dogs and kids - Escalante-ish area in April? Trip Planning 14
Ross Wet canyons compact cameras - recommended waterproof v non-waterproof Photography 8
Elli Morris Looking for non-petroleum gear options Noobs: Introduce yourself! 4
Perry Forgive my Non-backcountry Post... Santa Came Early to My House Photography 15
Writhdar Waterpocket Canyon (Capitol Reef) non-technical access to upper part? General Discussion 1
Jammer Boulder Creek NON Short-cut General Discussion 15
Vegan.Hiker Album Non-Backcountry Photos Photography 237
Kullaberg63 Horseshoe Canyon question - complete descent, non technical Trip Planning 1
DrNed Rope For Non Canyoneering Gear 18
powderglut Non Technical Neon Canyon Route Trip Planning 10
T RMNP backcountry- freestanding necessary? Trip Planning 2
T Tarptent Cloudburst 3 or Freestanding 3p Gear 8
The Trout Whisperer Single person vs two person lightweight tents Gear 11
The Trout Whisperer In tents Photography 31
LoneWolfOutdoors Help choosing between two tents Gear 8
trasmuson3 Roof Top Tents General Discussion 22
N ?'s about tents Gear 43
Outdoors24 Nemo Tents Gear 5
D MSR Carbon Reflex Tents Gear 10
Nick Anchoring tents in sand and snow Gear 13