New to the site! Looking for people to hike and backpack with.

Welcome to BCP! Starting off with a great trip report like you just did is a great way to get to know people. You'll fit right in here. :)

Thank you Nick! Looking forward to meeting new people and to hike new places.

There are so many places here in Utah it's truly amazing. It's hard for me to find people who want to take on longer back packing trips, I just joined also to hopefully find some like minded people here who love exploring Utah as much as I do.

Lots of people I know don't like to hike as much as I do unfortunately.

Ill toss my hat in he ring! there are a couple circuits up in the Uintas I want to re visit this summer, so Im all about some day hikes to get back in shape! whats been calling you ya lately?

Ill toss my hat in he ring! there are a couple circuits up in the Uintas I want to re visit this summer, so Im all about some day hikes to get back in shape! whats been calling you ya lately?

What do you want to check out in Uintas? Right now, Southern Utah is calling me. I am heading out to Moab this weekend.

we're heading to moab this weekend as well. we may go snowshoeing in the La Sals. We're open to ideas for other hikes if you want to team up. We'll be camping.

What do you want to check out in Uintas? Right now, Southern Utah is calling me. I am heading out to Moab this weekend.
the Uintas? Chuckle... ALL of it! Actually I use to work up there for the BSA... Just above Mirror lake at Camp Steiner... So ive got this "revisit the old haunts" thing going on in my head...for example, The Ibantic lake loop (and options) Nick describes, would absolutely qualify as in the area I desire to see again! , I spent my summers 74 thru 77, in the shadows of Baldy and Reeds Peaks... living in a canvas wall tent and hiking the countryside! we use to do a variable loop that started at scout lake, found its way up to Lofty, and wandered into the north side of the grandaddys. I don't even SEE a trail on my current map that duplicates my memory, But back then we were young men, accomplished woodsmen, acclimated to the thin air, and not only practicing those skills, we were teaching them. so I don't doubt we bushwhacked for miles as I try to retrace our steps on a map... I do remember some Brutal climbs!

we're heading to moab this weekend as well. we may go snowshoeing in the La Sals. We're open to ideas for other hikes if you want to team up. We'll be camping.
We are planning to stay at a hostel. I am allergic to cold and camping right now. I am down to meeting up and hiking.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
BobFink Goschute Mountains, NV , Pisgah Peak, Hawk Watch Migration Site Everything Else 2
Perry Henry's Fork Basin - Camp Site Suggestions Trip Planning 3
fossana Tucson area trails/site recommendations Trip Planning 7
Brian Skibbe What is the definition of a "bench site"? (referring to a campsite) General Discussion 6
frahminator Fairly new to site, from Phoenix area... Noobs: Introduce yourself! 0
Ben Your Outdoor Site General Discussion 9
#PackGoatMafia What a Cool Site Noobs: Introduce yourself! 7
SKLund Cedar Mesa Site Stewardship General Discussion 0
IntrepidXJ The Rain Man Site Hiking & Camping 2
T GSMNP Site 52 Trip Planning 9
ram Crash Site/Lower Hades Canyon 2-15-15 Canyoneering 1
Victoria Harvey New to this site Noobs: Introduce yourself! 4
backwoodsBob new to the site, Salutations an alpineglow to all! Noobs: Introduce yourself! 15
B Just Found This Site... Noobs: Introduce yourself! 5
DrNed Mobile Site Crashing Questions, Suggestions & Support 6
Nick Site Updates General Discussion 51
Don Group Site near Zion or St George? (Veterans Day) General Discussion 4
Nick Site Issues Questions, Suggestions & Support 16
Hoobie North Slope Tie Hacker Site Exploration Hiking & Camping 3
Seldom Seen Anderson Little Man Site Everything Else 11
M New to the site General Discussion 0
Duke Best photo sharing site? Photography 6
HomerJ Site recommendations... Questions, Suggestions & Support 4
uintahiker The Airplane Crash Site on Ed's Peak Hiking & Camping 0
Nick Site Outages Questions, Suggestions & Support 0
Tarp Boy Looking for Shuttle service for Uintas Granddaddy basin trip Trip Planning 0
Stephanie Help! Looking for a 1-2 day trip Backpacking 9
Normie Invite Looking for shuttle partner -- two trips in Southern Utah Meet Up (Members Only) 5
F Looking for tent recommendations Gear 20
ghsmith76 Looking for best multi-day Backpacking Trips near Livingston, MT Trip Planning 6
TeamJenkins17 Looking for info on Clark Creek drainage/Pierpont Pass into Hidden Basin in the Washakie Wilderness Trip Planning 5
chebba87 Invite Looking for partner - Yellowstone late August Meet Up (Members Only) 1
Jamesoutside life Looking for backpacking buddy montana aug/sept Noobs: Introduce yourself! 0
IlVagabondo Looking for a ~30 mile loop in the Scapegoat/Bob Trip Planning 2
Mormadmom New and looking for an adventure Noobs: Introduce yourself! 7
Happyidiot Looking for camping spot close to Denver. General Discussion 2
montanaclimber Looking for bob Marshall recommendation Backpacking 1
U Favorite sites in Glacier in North Fork, Lake McDonald or Cole/Nyack? Looking at mid july Trip Planning 2
Contra Looking at buying a used travel trailer opinions wanted. General Discussion 16
U Favorite Yellowstone Gallatin Mtn Area Campsite? Looking at WD5, WE7 and that area Trip Planning 5
U Glacier North Circle Loop Mid July - Looking for an alternative back-up plan for a 3-4 nighter Trip Planning 0
fossana BLM looking for input on accelerating grazing permits (comment through 6 Mar) General Discussion 2
Benjamin Hayden Looking for good hike away from people in Sedona in mid-February Trip Planning 3
Kullaberg63 Super short notice: Looking for Winds partner Meet Up (Members Only) 4
Perry My First Multi-day Solo this Weekend - Looking for some Beta Trip Planning 0
M Looking for friends and a partner Noobs: Introduce yourself! 0
M Novice Backpacker looking for a 5-6 trip in July! Noobs: Introduce yourself! 3
sydissoocool Looking for a backpacking buddy for Uinta Highline Trail Noobs: Introduce yourself! 6
swmalone Looking for a new bike helmet Gear 5
Perry Looking at new trail runners: Altra Lone Peak or Hoka Stinson ATR? Gear 22