My second mystery novel set in the High Sierra is now out!

balzaccom

Bones of the Earth, the second in my series of mystery novels set in the High Sierra and featuring ranger Dan Courtwright is now published. You can find it at the Napa Bookmine, the Mountain Bookstore in Sonora, and of course, you can always get these on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Paul-Wagner/dp/B09R96CDCR?language=en_US

mail

Hope you enjoy the read!

PW

It would seem that way...but once I get started, I like the characters so much that writing the book really is just managing to spend some time with them. And then the words just seem to come out. One of the things I love about hearing from people who have read these books is that they like the characters, too!

Congrats on the second book. I love the High Sierra but mostly read non-fiction. I just got "The Last Season" by Blehm after hearing about it years ago.

Funny, that, I read mostly non-fiction, too.

I wrote the first one of these a few years ago for my daughter, who was living abroad and complained about not having enough to read. OK, I thought, I've been telling you stories since you were a baby, I can tell you one more. And I wrote it about the Sierra because if I was going to spend hours and hours thinking about some place, it might as well be a place I love.

Well, she loved it. And so did her older sister, who wanted one of her own. So I wrote the second one, inviting the same characters to join me again. Now it's become a tradition, and I write a new one every holiday season...it's kind of a Christmas gift for them each year.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
LarryBoy Select Peaks of the Greater Yellowstone - Second Edition (coupon code for pre-order) General Discussion 12
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Wrangler Lake, Bog Creek, Joseph's Coat Springs, Broad Creek, Wapiti Lake, Hot Springs Basin, and Pelican Valley. The Second Half. Backpacking 15
forest dweller Invite update / edit - have off second and third week in August - wanting to backpack in Glacier, Olympic or Yellowstone, hinges on finding companions. Meet Up (Members Only) 37
Stephanie B Second Journey into The Maze : Deadman's Trail Hiking & Camping 1
Stephanie B Second Journey into The Maze : The Harvest Scene Hiking & Camping 5
Stephanie B Second Journey into The Maze : Lands End Hiking & Camping 0
Stephanie B Second Journey into The Maze : Cowboy Cave Hiking & Camping 2
Stephanie B Second Journey into The Maze : Moonshine Wash Hiking & Camping 11
Stephanie B Second Journey into The Maze : Butterfly Bend and Chaffin Geyser Hiking & Camping 0
Yvonne Hiking Yellowstone - 100 miles the Second Trip Planning 21
mikejones3 Northfork to Second Lake Eastern Sierra Nevada Mountains Backpacking 5
Ugly Second Glances at Silver Lake Backpacking 14
AbinadiWitness Return to THE FORMATION, etc. - The Second Time Was, Indeed, the Charm - 18-20 May 2017 Hiking & Camping 5
Ross 11 days of canyons in Springdale to Page area (second half) Hiking & Camping 1
balzaccom Sierra Mystery General Discussion 3
balzaccom Mystery set in the High Sierra General Discussion 4
DrNed Searching For Sasquatch, Garrett and Mystery Trail Hiking & Camping 5
S Wts mystery ranch 3dap foliage Gear 3
Hoobie Mystery "trail" Above Cuberant Basin? General Discussion 29
Dave The Mystery of Kim and Carole Special Features 72
Howells Outdoors Mystery Canyon Again! Canyoneering 3
Howells Outdoors Mystery Canyon -- May 2014 Canyoneering 13
Nick Fall in Mystery Canyon Canyoneering 14
Nick Mystery Canyon conditions, September 2012 General Discussion 2
Nick Mystery Canyon Canyoneering 5