Moab-Hite April 25 or May 3 - Shamelessly Soliciting a Ride

LarryBoy

Hiker Trash
Note - BCP gurus, if you think that this thread is out of line, my apologies. Please message me and I'll remove it.

This spring, I'm doing sections 2 and 3 of the Hayduke Trail. I'd venture that some people on this board are somewhat familiar with the route, but just as a crash course (this from hayduketrail.com)-

The Hayduke Trail is an extremely challenging, 800-mile backcountry route through some of the most
rugged and breathtaking landscapes on earth. Located entirely on public land, the trail links six of the
National Parks on the Colorado Plateau in Southern Utah and Northern Arizona with the lesser known, but
equally splendid, lands in between them [...] The Hayduke Trail is not intended to be
the easiest or most direct route through this incredibly varied terrain, but is rather meant to showcase the
stunning Redrock Wilderness of the American Southwest.

Anyhoo, the chunk that I plan on doing runs from Moab to Hite Marina on Lake Powell. the trail passes through Indian Creek, the Needles, Beef Basin, Dark Canyon, and a few other areas. The "trail" is not really a trail at all, as more than 80% of the route's mileage is off-trail. The Hayduke features very remote country, big water carries, and stunning terrain. I'm really excited to get the chance to hike it.

And here's the sales pitch - looking for somebody to ride with between Hite and Moab, in either direction, on either April 25 or May 3. I'm planning to park my car at one terminus and am looking for a ride to the other terminus. Lunch and gasoline is on me. If you're headed down to Cedar Mesa,Lake Powell, Mexican Hat, etc, and want some company on the long drive, let me know! If you're only going part of the way, (say from Hite to Blanding only), I'd be interested in making something work.

Feel free to message me if there's anything you don't want to say on a public forum :)

Sorry I can't help with a ride. I'm heading out about that same time, but unfortunately from the other side of the state and headed east.

Just to clarify though -- you are willing to hike in either direction?

Good luck on your hike.

- Jamal

No worries Jammer! Found a ride. Are you doing another cross-Utah trek? What route?

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Henk Hiking The Portal Trail, Moab Everything Else 2
WhozWutz Solstice in Moab Trip Planning 0
PaulMags Grand - Moab Route Backpacking 1
TrailScot New bus service to Moab and Blanding from SLC General Discussion 7
Henk Moab rock art vandalized General Discussion 1
J Dayhiking Moab's awesome geography, couple hikes to summits and rock art April 8-9, 2021 Hiking & Camping 0
J Family hike in the Maze in June? (Canyonlands / Moab) Am I crazy? Trip Planning 5
TrailScot Quite the Adventure, South of Moab, Across the Colorado Plateau, May 2019 - Part 4 Backpacking 17
TrailScot Quite the Adventure, South of Moab, Across the Colorado Plateau, May 2019 - Part 3 Backpacking 8
TrailScot Quite the Adventure - South of Moab, Across the Colorado Plateau, May 2019 - Part 2 Backpacking 14
TrailScot Quite the Adventure - South of Moab, Across the Colorado Plateau, May 2019 - Part 1 Backpacking 10
Stephanie B Grotto, Hidden Valley, and Moab Mastadon Hiking & Camping 2
blueeyes Devil's Garden, Moab Hiking & Camping 5
chandlerwest Needles Loop/Druid Arch, Moab Area Hiking & Camping 11
Perry Moab Area Fire Bans Coming? General Discussion 14
J Dayhikes GSENM, Cap Reef, Behind the Rocks: Deer Cr, Tanks, Sheets Gulch, Moab Rim Apr. 4 to 8, 2018 Hiking & Camping 0
misSOULa Weekend in Moab Hiking & Camping 6
stevecochranephotography Corona Arch Moab, Utah Hiking & Camping 8
Brian Skibbe Moab, Arches NP, Canyonlands NP. May 2017 Hiking & Camping 3
swmalone Thanksgiving in Moab 2017 Everything Else 0
swmalone Question about Moab Canyoneering Trips/Guides General Discussion 8
blueeyes Canyonlands/Moab Jug Handle Bikepack Loop March 18, 2017 Everything Else 21
S Moab/San Rafael Swell Trip advice-family Trip Planning 6
TrektheWorld Spring Break in Moab Hiking & Camping 0
Craiger Camping around Moab next weekend General Discussion 6
Nick A busy day around Moab Hiking & Camping 13
Dave Remains found near Moab General Discussion 1
Ross Hiking road trip to Dinosaur Nat Mon, The Wedge + quieter areas from Moab Hiking & Camping 9
Scott Chandler I'm in Moab Now Hiking & Camping 5
Laura Good camping south of Moab Trip Planning 8
Christian Canyoneering East Blarney, Big Springs East, hiking to some less frequented areas in Moab Canyoneering 4
N Video report Corona Arch, Moab. April 2014. Hiking & Camping 2
Kullaberg63 The rim of Kane Creek, Moab. Hiking & Camping 9
natylka Moab This Weekend Meet Up (Members Only) 0
DrNed Arches / Moab Off The Beaten Trail Trip Planning 2
Phill Monson Night Photography in Moab Photography 16
Scott Chandler A Spring Hurrah in Moab Hiking & Camping 5
K This weekend: San Rafael Swell or Moab? Trip Planning 4
Kullaberg63 Newbie living in Moab Noobs: Introduce yourself! 1
Scott Chandler Backpacking near Moab Trip Planning 4
IntrepidXJ President’s Day Weekend in Moab Hiking & Camping 3
pixie1339 Stolen Dinosaur Track In Moab General Discussion 3
Phill Monson Moab in Winter Photography 3