Mar bm

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

westy

From awhile back, another spot in the Delamar Mountains, straddling that transition zone of Mojave Desert/Great Basin. Another great winter weekend with mild, albeit windy days and cold nights. And easy walking up the constant but mostly mellow east slopes for ~5 miles. Zig-zagging above canyons through bunch grassed terrain.

_MG_8177.jpg

After some effort and time, I made it to the final hanging valley.

_MG_8184.jpg

I headed south above, past some square waved outcrops.

_MG_8208pano.jpg

To a suitably flat camp.

_MG_8209.jpg

Then I just relaxed and wandered around.
Next morning

_MG_8241.jpg

I made the short, .25 mile maybe, hike up Mar to gawk a bit.

_MG_8247.jpg

Then headed back down.
While relaxing here I hear jets from one of the surrounding air bases passing through steadily. As I sat looking down canyon while hearing the roar of one, I saw it bank towards me and climb hard out of the valley below. Not the first time I've been buzzed. Always exhilarating.

_MG_8256.jpg

Almost back to valley floor.

_MG_8265.jpg

Love it, love it love it love it out here ! Few areas I have any desire to visit more than once, this is one of them.

Last edited:

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

Miya

Because I am able.
Do you hike barefoot or just relaxing?

Thanks for sharing! I hate when the jets come overhead...all crazy loud haha