Looking for info from anyone who has done the Egypt loop and exited via 25mile wash (Escalante).

ADubs

Hi all. I will be doing the Egypt loop (down fence, neon, down escalante, out 25mile and back over the slickrock to Egypt Bench trailhead) in June. I'm interested in details on exiting 25mile to access the overland route back to the trailhead. I realize that there are multiple options, and I was hoping that someone might have info on the location of the best exit point for the best slickrock route. It will be hot in June, so we are hoping to start very early and make the best time possible overland to the trailhead. I understand there is a stock trail up there that travels from the confluence of 25m... from Steve Allen's description, but I have also seen other reports that there is a way out via several other tributaries. Just looking for details from those who have done any of the exits. Thanks!

I've done it the other way and entered via Twentyfive Mile. We did a semi-technical entrance via Egypt 6 > 25 Mile, so that's not much help, but shortly after the confluence of those two we did locate an easy exit that would probably be one of the best higher up in the canyon for shortcutting back to the Egypt Trailhead. It was right around here: 37.556602, -111.193987. Might have been just slightly further up canyon on that same bend, but pretty sure it was right about there.

I've done it the other way and entered via Twentyfive Mile. We did a semi-technical entrance via Egypt 6 > 25 Mile, so that's not much help, but shortly after the confluence of those two we did locate an easy exit that would probably be one of the best higher up in the canyon for shortcutting back to the Egypt Trailhead. It was right around here: 37.556602, -111.193987. Might have been just slightly further up canyon on that same bend, but pretty sure it was right about there.

Might it have been here? Where I put a white arrow? I've seen this as an exit point on other trail reports and it's plan A, however I've also heard of an exit point closer to the Escalante, which would make the overland route a few miles shorter.... and in June, I think that's what we would prefer :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 12.04.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 12.04.49 PM.png
    1 MB · Views: 54
No, that's definitely not the exit we looked at as it is upstream from Egypt 6 where we came in to 25 mile. I know there are easy exits further down, I just didn't look at any of them.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
TeamJenkins17 Looking for info on Clark Creek drainage/Pierpont Pass into Hidden Basin in the Washakie Wilderness Trip Planning 5
swmalone Looking for Info On How to Access Newfoundland Mountains Trip Planning 1
dhertbag Looking for info on Death Hollow Trip Planning 13
Tarp Boy Looking for Shuttle service for Uintas Granddaddy basin trip Trip Planning 0
Stephanie Help! Looking for a 1-2 day trip Backpacking 9
Normie Invite Looking for shuttle partner -- two trips in Southern Utah Meet Up (Members Only) 5
F Looking for tent recommendations Gear 20
ghsmith76 Looking for best multi-day Backpacking Trips near Livingston, MT Trip Planning 6
chebba87 Invite Looking for partner - Yellowstone late August Meet Up (Members Only) 1
Jamesoutside life Looking for backpacking buddy montana aug/sept Noobs: Introduce yourself! 0
IlVagabondo Looking for a ~30 mile loop in the Scapegoat/Bob Trip Planning 2
Mormadmom New and looking for an adventure Noobs: Introduce yourself! 7
Happyidiot Looking for camping spot close to Denver. General Discussion 2
montanaclimber Looking for bob Marshall recommendation Backpacking 1
U Favorite sites in Glacier in North Fork, Lake McDonald or Cole/Nyack? Looking at mid july Trip Planning 2
Contra Looking at buying a used travel trailer opinions wanted. General Discussion 16
U Favorite Yellowstone Gallatin Mtn Area Campsite? Looking at WD5, WE7 and that area Trip Planning 5
U Glacier North Circle Loop Mid July - Looking for an alternative back-up plan for a 3-4 nighter Trip Planning 0
fossana BLM looking for input on accelerating grazing permits (comment through 6 Mar) General Discussion 2
Benjamin Hayden Looking for good hike away from people in Sedona in mid-February Trip Planning 3
Kullaberg63 Super short notice: Looking for Winds partner Meet Up (Members Only) 4
Perry My First Multi-day Solo this Weekend - Looking for some Beta Trip Planning 0
M Looking for friends and a partner Noobs: Introduce yourself! 0
M Novice Backpacker looking for a 5-6 trip in July! Noobs: Introduce yourself! 3
sydissoocool Looking for a backpacking buddy for Uinta Highline Trail Noobs: Introduce yourself! 6
swmalone Looking for a new bike helmet Gear 5
Perry Looking at new trail runners: Altra Lone Peak or Hoka Stinson ATR? Gear 22
Jazzy Joe Looking for Escalante Area Short Backpacking Suggestions Early Spring Trip Planning 21
Benjamin Hayden Looking for advice on Maze District, Canyonlands Trip Planning 1
Laura Looking to avoid photographers Trip Planning 10
Elli Morris Looking for non-petroleum gear options Noobs: Introduce yourself! 4
swmalone Looking for Assistance to Introduction to Escalante Area Trip Planning 4
fiber Looking for backpacking/hiking/mtbing partners Meet Up (Members Only) 2
J Looking for backpacking partners Meet Up (Members Only) 3
C looking for the secret society of pictographs ..... Trip Planning 14
swmalone Looking for Softshell/snowshoeing pant suggestions Gear 6
C Looking for HCL 1901 Rock in Old Womans Wash Utah Noobs: Introduce yourself! 2
Burrito Looking for moderate route in the wind rivers Trip Planning 8
mpuchtel Looking to give and receive trip advice Noobs: Introduce yourself! 2
Kullaberg63 Looking for experienced seamstress General Discussion 4
P Noob looking for solitary beauty in canyon lands, san rafael, escalante Noobs: Introduce yourself! 2
Nico Wind River - Looking for fish (of the Golden variety) Trip Planning 9
trantelica Looking for a good trail for scouts Trip Planning 3
Mike Jones Looking to by my first real camera Photography 0
Jenece Mordt Looking for a unique hike Trip Planning 9
natylka New to the site! Looking for people to hike and backpack with. Noobs: Introduce yourself! 11
Michael B Looking for Utah backpacking recommendation for early spring Trip Planning 11
J Back again, looking for different access points for Death Hollow...... Trip Planning 9
jdgibney Quick Southwest trip Jan 14-18 - Looking for suggestions Trip Planning 3
owyhee Noob looking for solo hike advice in Capital Reef Noobs: Introduce yourself! 12