Looking for info from anyone who has done the Egypt loop and exited via 25mile wash (Escalante).

ADubs

Hi all. I will be doing the Egypt loop (down fence, neon, down escalante, out 25mile and back over the slickrock to Egypt Bench trailhead) in June. I'm interested in details on exiting 25mile to access the overland route back to the trailhead. I realize that there are multiple options, and I was hoping that someone might have info on the location of the best exit point for the best slickrock route. It will be hot in June, so we are hoping to start very early and make the best time possible overland to the trailhead. I understand there is a stock trail up there that travels from the confluence of 25m... from Steve Allen's description, but I have also seen other reports that there is a way out via several other tributaries. Just looking for details from those who have done any of the exits. Thanks!

I've done it the other way and entered via Twentyfive Mile. We did a semi-technical entrance via Egypt 6 > 25 Mile, so that's not much help, but shortly after the confluence of those two we did locate an easy exit that would probably be one of the best higher up in the canyon for shortcutting back to the Egypt Trailhead. It was right around here: 37.556602, -111.193987. Might have been just slightly further up canyon on that same bend, but pretty sure it was right about there.

I've done it the other way and entered via Twentyfive Mile. We did a semi-technical entrance via Egypt 6 > 25 Mile, so that's not much help, but shortly after the confluence of those two we did locate an easy exit that would probably be one of the best higher up in the canyon for shortcutting back to the Egypt Trailhead. It was right around here: 37.556602, -111.193987. Might have been just slightly further up canyon on that same bend, but pretty sure it was right about there.

Might it have been here? Where I put a white arrow? I've seen this as an exit point on other trail reports and it's plan A, however I've also heard of an exit point closer to the Escalante, which would make the overland route a few miles shorter.... and in June, I think that's what we would prefer :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 12.04.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 12.04.49 PM.png
    1 MB · Views: 55
No, that's definitely not the exit we looked at as it is upstream from Egypt 6 where we came in to 25 mile. I know there are easy exits further down, I just didn't look at any of them.

Back