Looking for camping spot close to Denver.

Happyidiot

Just leaving the Winds and the plane is heading back to NC in the am. I don’t want to spend the cash on a hotel so I’m looking for a free public camping area just outside of Denver. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Eric

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

ImNotDedYet

Dispersed camping is available in National Forests in Colorado which there are a bunch of around Denver (or between the Winds and Denver) Pawnee Grasslands might also be interesting. (a friend camped out there and enjoyed it) It's a bit out of the way but it's east of Ft Collins.

Happyidiot

Dispersed camping is available in National Forests in Colorado which there are a bunch of around Denver (or between the Winds and Denver) Pawnee Grasslands might also be interesting. (a friend camped out there and enjoyed it) It's a bit out of the way but it's east of Ft Collins.
I think that is where we stayed. HWY 125 it was alongside of a creek. Thanks for the suggestion.

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.