Lithium CR123 "knock-offs"?

lostlandscapes

rope mule
Just wondering if anyone has tried those dirt-cheap lithium CR123 batteries that you can find on Amazon. Growing a bit tired of dropping $12 on new batteries every time my Steripen dies.

Sounds like they get shipped in less than conventional packaging, and some people are even finding that some of the batteries arrive half-dead or worse.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001G54ILA/?tag=backcountrypo-20

I order the 12 pack of Streamlight CR123's for about $20 on amazon, these: CR123 batteries for SteriPen. They've been very reliable and had good life. I'm still not out from the 12-pack I bought last year but just ordered a new 12-pack as I'm getting close. They come in proper packaging and are shipped from and sold by Amazon so they seem legit. Some of the third party sellers sketch me out as they often come in a plastic bag or just rolling around in the box. Highly recommended.

Sweet, I'll check these out. It also doesn't help matters that I'm only getting between 30-35 liters per new set of batteries out of a device that promises something more like 50 per set. Might be time to write the company.

Hey, lostlandscapes, I bought these at $1 a pop. Let's split the order. They have a 10y shelf life, and perform just as well as the name brands. In fact if you strip the label off, the printing on the barrel of the battery matches exactly what appears on the ones that you get at Radio Shack.