Lightning lake

Jeff Hilton

I finally got off my but and did something worth posting. My nephew, friend, and my self all decided that naturalist basin would be to busy for us so we decided to go to upper Rock Creek and Lightning lake over the long week end. We planned to camp at Black lake and explore from there.

Jeff Hilton

I finally got off my but and did something worth posting. My nephew, friend, and my self all decided that naturalist basin would be to busy for us so we decided to go to upper Rock Creek and Lightning lake over the long week end. We planned to camp at Black lake and explore from there.
Then after relaxing for the night we went on a 6 mile hike to lightning lake and then back around Rosalie and Gladys lake. We took two days to get to Black lake and one day to get back. That twelve miles in one day kicked my butt but it was a good time. Lightning lake
image.jpg

Gary

I am headed that way in about 10 days. Did you see many folks.

Nick

-
Nice! That's a solid hike over to Black! I clocked it closer to 13.5 if I recall. And lots of up and down! I really want to get out there again to check out Gladys, Marjorie and Uintah.

Jeff Hilton

There where more people than I expected but that's what you get on the 24th of july. We where lucky to find a real nice camp site off the lake where we were never really bothered by anyone. And yes Nick by the blisters on my feet I can tell you there was a lot of up and down. There is a sweet Upper Rock Creek trail that we took for a while that I really enjoyed.

DrNed

The mountains are calling and I must go
You must have gotten there just after we left! We were camped at Helen until late Thursday AM - never saw anybody. I really loved the views along the Upper Rock Creek Basin Trail!

Jeff Hilton

You must have gotten there just after we left! We were camped at Helen until late Thursday AM - never saw anybody. I really loved the views along the Upper Rock Creek Basin Trail!
We arrived Thursday afternoon, and hiked up to lightning on Friday.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Nick 3 Children Struck by Lightning in Uintas General Discussion 0
Nick Lightning Safety General Discussion 2
gnwatts Lightning over Basalt Mountain Photography 3
PureLightImages Avoiding Lightning at Alta July 4 Backpacking 3
Bill September Lightning Photography 6
Duke Lightning kills on Boulder mtn General Discussion 0
Dave Amethyst lightning strike General Discussion 8
Nick How to photograph lightning Photography 11
S Packrafting Escalante - FiftyMile Creek and low water level Lake Powell Trip Planning 3
Dustynails0 Beartooth lake to East rosebud traverse Trip Planning 6
kwc Winter Hike into Broomstick Lake 1/13/21 Hiking & Camping 2
kwc Jockeybush Lake in the Winter Hiking & Camping 8
D Coyote Gulch to Lake Powell Trip Planning 8
Tomaswmitchell Cuberant Lake hike, Bigfoot tracks? Video Hiking & Camping 2
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Heart Lake -- September 14-17 2020 Backpacking 32
norwegianxplorer Summiting Mount Whitney from Guitar Lake, 6 Days backpacking the Sierra before the Creek Fire closed everything down. Backpacking 5
Perry Teal Lake Lollipop Over Night Trip Backpacking 21
kwc Murphy Lake, Southern Adirondacks Hiking & Camping 0
Titans Pharaoh Lake Wilderness- some much needed Vitamin W Hiking & Camping 5
NorthwestWanderer Backpacking the Lost River Range in Idaho : Bear Creek Lake & Upper Basin Backpacking 7
Jammer Sequoia: Upper Kern and Lake South America Backpacking 12
Born to Hike 85 miles on the Uinta Highline Trail including Crater Lake and a Dinosaur: July 26 - Aug 1, 2020 Backpacking 33
NorthwestWanderer Backpacking Okanogan National Forest : Copper Glance Lake & failed attempt at No Dice Lake Backpacking 2
Curt Visiting (Part of) the Lake District of Cloud Peak Wilderness Backpacking 15
scatman Bourbon Lake, Uintas - July 11, 2020 Hiking & Camping 4
NorthwestWanderer Overnight Backpack to Louis Lake, Lake Chelan-Sawtooth Wilderness Backpacking 4
U Favorite sites in Glacier in North Fork, Lake McDonald or Cole/Nyack? Looking at mid july Trip Planning 2
Perry Last Minute Over Nighter to Packard Lake Backpacking 13
Born to Hike Early June 3-day jaunt on the Uinta Highline Trail: Naturalist Basin, Pinto Lake, Margo Lake Backpacking 8
Matt Van Natta HELP: Wind River Range, Baker Lake to Green River Lakes Trip Planning 6
U Just picked up a permit for Shelf Lake 2 nights in Mid/Late July. Any ideas for a day hike/summit from there? Trip Planning 0
Perry 5.7 mag Earthquake in Salt Lake City Area - Check in Here to Let Us Know You're Okay General Discussion 44
WasatchWill A Night at Notch Lake Backpacking 10
Yvonne Day Hike to Cache Lake, Yellowstone NP, August 2019 Hiking & Camping 6
J Lake Mead Natl Recreation Area North Shore scramble fun. Nov. 28-30, 2019 Hiking & Camping 5
hikeer Beartooths - Island Lake to the Beaten Path Backpacking 21
BJett The Grotto of Grayson Lake. Kentucky. On The Water 7
P Ribbon Lake, Yellowstone Backpacking 6
P Heart Lake, Yellowstone Backpacking 13
westy Lake Mead NRA Hiking & Camping 0
Born to Hike Mountain Solitude: Reconnaissance Lake, High Uintas, early Sept 2019 Backpacking 9
P Goose Lake weekend Backpacking 10
scatman Grebe Lake, Headwaters of Lava Creek and Observation Peak, Yellowstone National Park - September 13, 2019 Backpacking 7
NorthwestWanderer Chelan-Sawtooth Range : Sunrise to Cooney Lake Loop Backpacking 3
tomcat32 Backpacking the Cranberry Lake 50 (Adirondacks) Backpacking 6
TeamJenkins17 Yellowstone Thorofare to Brooks lake trip next year. Trip Planning 6
Ross FACE CANYON: What lake level starts filling the slot? Trip Planning 0
scatman Yellowstone Lake - A Two Week Paddle Trip - July 28, 2019 On The Water 44
Bob Bomber Lake - Winds Current fire Trip Planning 0
NorthwestWanderer Uncle visits Washington (Ptarmigan Ridge, Slate Peak & Wing Lake) Backpacking 4