Leak Proof Containers for Backpacking?

DrNed

The mountains are calling and I must go
I've been doing some experimenting with my backpacking menu as of late
and would like to find some small, leak proof containers for carrying MCT oil.

If you have a container that you carry liquids or oils in I'd love a recommendation.

Thanks!

A lot of outfitters will have white, no-brand screw-top plastic bottles in various sizes. They work just fine. I personally don't trust the pop-top or press-fits not to leak, at least for something insidious like oil. YMMV!

Those tiny nalgene bottles are pretty neat. We use them at my work for chemical samples and they get subjected to some pretty severe conditions and hold up surprisingly well. There are all kinds of sizes of them.

Thanks for all the recommendations!

This is exactly what I use and was going to suggest, works great for olive oil. I like the 4oz size for a 3-5 night trip.

Entirely agree! Used them for (too many!) years of weekly business travel and they never leaked - even during the pressure changes of international flights. They can be spendy, but well worth it if only for the peace of mind.

Good for you with experimenting with your backpacking meals. We have done that for many years and have carried various oils in small Nalgene bottles from 8 oz down to one oz and use even smaller ones for spices. No leaks but we do put the oil bottles in ziplock freezer bags too just in case.