Lackawaxen Lake private property issues?

regehr

I'm taking some folks hiking tomorrow and need something pretty easy, nearish Park City UT, and was thinking about Lackawaxen Lake from Guardsman Pass. Looks ideal except that a few places online I read about private property issues -- does anyone have the full scoop? Thanks!

Rockskipper

No ETA
I don't know anything about it, but I'll bump it back up and wish you a great day tomorrow.

regehr

This was a great short hike for relatively fit flatlanders. I didn't notice any signage. It's nice when property owners are chill. Thanks for the help folks!

Deleted User

Deleted User
Bonanza flats was purchased by Park City and private donors to be protected from development. Meaning it has been set aside for recreation. Here is the map showing where the Conservation boundaries are. As long as you are in a public access area you are good to go.

regehr

Bonanza flats was purchased by Park City and private donors to be protected from development. Meaning it has been set aside for recreation. Here is the map showing where the Conservation boundaries are. As long as you are in a public access area you are good to go.

Awesome! It's a beautiful area.

Deleted User

Deleted User
Awesome! It's a beautiful area.
Yeah, I donated to the campaign to protect it. I recreate this area quite a bit both summer and winter. If you need a quick peak bag, some good powder, an overnight to shoot the stars, or just a walk in the woods, Bonanza Flats is a great area with a lot to offer. I was happy to see it preserved. Lets hope everyone respects it and takes care of it.

Lackawaxen Lake

Peak 10,420

Bloods Lake

Splitboarding Peak 10,420

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
RyanP North Fork Bull Lake Creek Trip Planning 30
S Packrafting Escalante - FiftyMile Creek and low water level Lake Powell Trip Planning 8
Dustynails0 Beartooth lake to East rosebud traverse Trip Planning 6
kwc Winter Hike into Broomstick Lake 1/13/21 Hiking & Camping 2
kwc Jockeybush Lake in the Winter Hiking & Camping 8
D Coyote Gulch to Lake Powell Trip Planning 8
Tomaswmitchell Cuberant Lake hike, Bigfoot tracks? Video Hiking & Camping 2
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Heart Lake -- September 14-17 2020 Backpacking 32
norwegianxplorer Summiting Mount Whitney from Guitar Lake, 6 Days backpacking the Sierra before the Creek Fire closed everything down. Backpacking 5
Perry Teal Lake Lollipop Over Night Trip Backpacking 21
kwc Murphy Lake, Southern Adirondacks Hiking & Camping 0
Titans Pharaoh Lake Wilderness- some much needed Vitamin W Hiking & Camping 5
NorthwestWanderer Backpacking the Lost River Range in Idaho : Bear Creek Lake & Upper Basin Backpacking 7
Jammer Sequoia: Upper Kern and Lake South America Backpacking 12
Born to Hike 85 miles on the Uinta Highline Trail including Crater Lake and a Dinosaur: July 26 - Aug 1, 2020 Backpacking 33
NorthwestWanderer Backpacking Okanogan National Forest : Copper Glance Lake & failed attempt at No Dice Lake Backpacking 2
Curt Visiting (Part of) the Lake District of Cloud Peak Wilderness Backpacking 15
scatman Bourbon Lake, Uintas - July 11, 2020 Hiking & Camping 4
NorthwestWanderer Overnight Backpack to Louis Lake, Lake Chelan-Sawtooth Wilderness Backpacking 4
U Favorite sites in Glacier in North Fork, Lake McDonald or Cole/Nyack? Looking at mid july Trip Planning 2
Perry Last Minute Over Nighter to Packard Lake Backpacking 13
Born to Hike Early June 3-day jaunt on the Uinta Highline Trail: Naturalist Basin, Pinto Lake, Margo Lake Backpacking 8
Matt Van Natta HELP: Wind River Range, Baker Lake to Green River Lakes Trip Planning 6
U Just picked up a permit for Shelf Lake 2 nights in Mid/Late July. Any ideas for a day hike/summit from there? Trip Planning 0
Perry 5.7 mag Earthquake in Salt Lake City Area - Check in Here to Let Us Know You're Okay General Discussion 44
WasatchWill A Night at Notch Lake Backpacking 10
Yvonne Day Hike to Cache Lake, Yellowstone NP, August 2019 Hiking & Camping 6
J Lake Mead Natl Recreation Area North Shore scramble fun. Nov. 28-30, 2019 Hiking & Camping 5
hikeer Beartooths - Island Lake to the Beaten Path Backpacking 21
BJett The Grotto of Grayson Lake. Kentucky. On The Water 7
P Ribbon Lake, Yellowstone Backpacking 6
P Heart Lake, Yellowstone Backpacking 13
westy Lake Mead NRA Hiking & Camping 0
Born to Hike Mountain Solitude: Reconnaissance Lake, High Uintas, early Sept 2019 Backpacking 9
P Goose Lake weekend Backpacking 10
scatman Grebe Lake, Headwaters of Lava Creek and Observation Peak, Yellowstone National Park - September 13, 2019 Backpacking 7
NorthwestWanderer Chelan-Sawtooth Range : Sunrise to Cooney Lake Loop Backpacking 3
tomcat32 Backpacking the Cranberry Lake 50 (Adirondacks) Backpacking 6
TeamJenkins17 Yellowstone Thorofare to Brooks lake trip next year. Trip Planning 6
Ross FACE CANYON: What lake level starts filling the slot? Trip Planning 0
scatman Yellowstone Lake - A Two Week Paddle Trip - July 28, 2019 On The Water 44
Bob Bomber Lake - Winds Current fire Trip Planning 0
NorthwestWanderer Uncle visits Washington (Ptarmigan Ridge, Slate Peak & Wing Lake) Backpacking 4
Chuck the Mauler North Lake - South Lake questions Trip Planning 4
NorthwestWanderer Route Finding adventure, Copper Pass to Blue Lake - Goats, Bears, Lions, Oh my! Backpacking 3
R 6 Day 5 Night hike Kintla Lake to Bowman Lake early August advice Noobs: Introduce yourself! 0
tropicalwanderer YNP : 8/31-9/7 : Heart Lake to Nine Mile via CDT, South Boundary and Thorofare Trip Planning 9
NorthwestWanderer Overnighter in the Alpine Lakes Wilderness : Ingalls Pass and Lake Ingalls Backpacking 9
NorthwestWanderer Goat Rocks attempt & Tahklak Lake Hiking & Camping 1
Miya Umpqua NF, Crater Lake, and 'A Whole New World' Hiking & Camping 15