Kid Uinta backpacking trip

uintafly

Hey all, I am working on planning a little backpacking trip with a few little ones ages 6-15 for the Uintas. Problem is, I have a few heading up Friday and a few heading up Saturday, though both will come out on Sunday. Any ideas on a 3 day trip with a max of around 2-4 miles per day, where people hiking in on Saturday could meet the group that went in on Friday? This would mean the Friday group hikes around 8-9 miles total in 3 days with the Saturday group (with the 6 year olds) going around 6 total. Clear as mud?

Any suggestions?

Hey all, I am working on planning a little backpacking trip with a few little ones ages 6-15 for the Uintas. Problem is, I have a few heading up Friday and a few heading up Saturday, though both will come out on Sunday. Any ideas on a 3 day trip with a max of around 2-4 miles per day, where people hiking in on Saturday could meet the group that went in on Friday? This would mean the Friday group hikes around 8-9 miles total in 3 days with the Saturday group (with the 6 year olds) going around 6 total. Clear as mud?

Any suggestions?

Long Lake (2 miles) or Duck Lake (4 miles). Crystal Lake Trailhead.

What @Dr Nebz said. Looks like you could get a bit creative and make a lollipop loop out of it by connecting Weir Lake and Marjorie Lake via a short cross country off trail section. Who knows...maybe there is a social trail already there making that connection.

What @Dr Nebz said. Looks like you could get a bit creative and make a lollipop loop out of it by connecting Weir Lake and Marjorie Lake via a short cross country off trail section. Who knows...maybe there is a social trail already there making that connection.

You can get to Marjorie Lake by climbing the slope just east of Weir. I walked down to Weir the last time I stayed at Marjorie. I did not see a path or trail though. It was off trail hiking.

Another possibility...Loft Lake Loop via Ruth Lake?

I thought about this one, but already took my son our there earlier. Trying to keep things fresh for him. I think Long Lake will probably be the ticket since there are quite a few options for fairly short hikes. Plus I haven't been down that trail for probably 10 years. Thanks for the suggestions guys.

I just took my 6 year old to Three Divide lakes. Starts at Crystal Lake TH. We didn't do it as a loop but you could. Passes by many lakes with some mix of terrain. You could add more miles by going through the notch to Ibantik. For even more miles from there you could continue to do a loop around Notch mountain to Bench/Notch/Dean then drop back down to Wall then back to the TH.
c925ecf33f6612e0332bac51f9e9b259.jpg
716bd3cb01e57dd7cd8edc043c39c02b.jpg
980baa422cd4eebe8608ca23527e348f.jpg
83fcd169b499d76152943329ec34651e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back