Kestrel 48 or Atmos 50 Vote

Which Osprey pack do you prefer?

• Atmos 50

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Kestrel 48

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Arctic Ian

Please help. I have decided to buy a new backpack for next year and have narrowed it down to either the kestrel 48 or the atmos 50. I like the look of both but each have their own special features that I like.
Weight wise I carry between 15 and 40 pounds depending on the trip which is in the recommended load range of both packs.
The biggest problem I have is that there are no shops selling Osprey packs near where I live (the nearest is 8 hours’ drive away) so I would have to buy it from a web shop which rules out taking my gear to the shop and trying them on.
Therefore I was hoping that all the members that have experience of either of these two packs would be good enough to share their views with me in the form of a vote. I will then make a decision based on the most popular.
Many thanks in advance

I've owned the Kestrel 38 and 48 and the Atmos 50 as well as a handful of other Osprey Packs. I very much prefer the Atmos 50 above pretty much all of them. So much so that I just bought another one in addition to another Stratos 36 - my other favorite Osprey pack. I like the Stratos for day hiking and 2-4 day desert backpacking trips and the Atmos 50 for everything else. I found I had the room in the 36 to go for as long as a week but the weight difference is negligible so why not have both and have a little extra room.

I've owned the Kestrel 38 and 48 and the Atmos 50 as well as a handful of other Osprey Packs. I very much prefer the Atmos 50 above pretty much all of them. So much so that I just bought another one in addition to another Stratos 36 - my other favorite Osprey pack. I like the Stratos for day hiking and 2-4 day desert backpacking trips and the Atmos 50 for everything else. I found I had the room in the 36 to go for as long as a week but the weight difference is negligible so why not have both and have a little extra room.
Yes I have also been looking at the Stratos 36.. and have just seen that they`re bringing out a new Exos 48 which I also like the look of...

I haven't used the Exos, but I've packed with people who wore it and I wasn't very interested after getting a close look. Everything about it looks so small and delicate and the padding is almost non-existent. Seems like it's taking it a bit too far to the ultralight side.

I haven't used the Exos, but I've packed with people who wore it and I wasn't very interested after getting a close look. Everything about it looks so small and delicate and the padding is almost non-existent. Seems like it's taking it a bit too far to the ultralight side.
Ok thats noted. Its always a problem to buy gear without getting you hands on it first. One of the few drawbacks of living in the wilderness:)