It's that time of year, are you thankful or an ingrate? (Happy T-Day)

Rockskipper

No ETA
I'm thankful the Yellowstone cops didn't give me a ticket for letting my three dogs run in the "backcountry"* - when they stopped, they looked pretty serious.

IMG_1020.JPG
*Backcountry = that little strip by the road north of West Yellowstone on your way to Big Sky. I stopped and let them go play in a little creek for a break. Bad bad doggies.

And you? Anything you're thankful for? Or not?

Last edited:
2017 has been an incredible year for us. Super thankful our move to CO and all the bits and pieces that it involved worked out so well, and for the massive quality of life upgrade we've been blessed with since.

This year has been pretty eventful, both good and bad. Especially stressful as the company I have worked for for almost 18 years has gone through three rounds of layoffs and been recently bought out. I am very thankful to still have a job I really like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The news and politics have been just plain awful this year, but Dang if we don't live in a beautiful part of the world.
It's worth being thankful for.

Plus a thanksgiving weekend trip in incredibly good weather will be a temporary blessing from global warming.

I actually have a lot to be thankful for. I pulled a ligament in my back this summer, which was pretty painful for a month or more, but now I'm OK, and this has made me more appreciative of my health. I'm also very thankful to have a place to stay for awhile, as it's pretty cold outside. And I'm very thankful for my three dog buddies - they'll all get some special goodies tomorrow for putting up with me.

Plus you have that good looking Audi...

LOL. That was already parked there. I was across the road, and I think they initially thought that was my car, but mine was further down the road a bit, as we were stretching our legs. My dogs would wreck that thing in a couple of hours if it were mine. One nice thing about an FJ is the interior can actually be hosed out. :)

ETA: When they came over, my dogs jumped all over them, even though by then I had them leashed. The LEOs were actually really nice guys.

Last edited:
So much to be thankful for, especially after kicking off Thanksgiving with 'Friendsgiving' with 12 good friends on Wednesday night including BCP members @slc_dan front left, @audraiam back left, @Smokey middle left, @Jen middle right, @neiloro back right, @Melissa next to @neiloro and @Dave who showed up a little after the photo. I'm also super thankful for all the BCP members who make this place what it is.

IMG_0426.jpg .

To all the BCP members and lurkers, whether you are hiking, backpacking, climbing, paddling, cycling, or perhaps have your maps spread out in front of you planning your next trip, or just maybe finishing up that trip report, and let's not forget those spending time with family and friends, have a happy Thanksgiving from 3/4 of the Scat family on Ensign Peak earlier today.

EP_01.jpg

Diane made our Thanksgiving dinner in our hotel room in Blanding only using a coffee maker and microwave after hiking all day in some canyons. It turned out great!

38a2aec747a32fa604e82052baccf25a.jpg