I give up

Nick

-
I've been taking this GoPro out on a lot of trips. First go around I realized I couldn't move around so much with it on. The next few trips I made a point to shoot most scenes as still as possible which yielded pretty decent results. But what I think I've realized in trying to chop this stuff down into a watchable video, is that I just don't enjoy editing video. So I think the GoPro has got to go... anyone interested in buying a lightly used GoPro Hero 2? Motorsports package with 6 batteries, wall/car charger, head strap, tripod mount and pole mount. Only like 6 weeks old. Maybe I'll go get a waterproof housing for my S95 instead...

I bought a GoPro about 6 months ago....it has basically sat unused since then...I thought I would use it, but I guess I was wrong. Just taking and editing photos keeps me plenty busy as it is!

I guess my biggest draw to the gopro is being able to document canyons. Especially wet ones. If it weren't for that, I don't know if I ever would have bought one in the first place. And keeping up on processing is pretty important to me too. Part of the reason I'm so frustrated with video editing. I'm just too impatient, I guess. I currently have at least 6 canyons worth of footage waiting to be processed and I'm about to add at least 3 more. :facepalm:

I know what you mean, video editing can be a chore. Looking forward to those long winter nights to help me catch up on everything.

I'm interested in comparing the footage we've each captured in the last few canyons. GoPro vs Contour. I might just be swayed to take this off of your hands.

Video is definitely a different animal... When I first started using video to document trips I was shooting way too much footage because I thought I had to include everything. I have since cut my footage way down on trips and and thus my editing time has decreased. I also use my GoPro quite a bit for daytime timelapses. I love using it while fishing.

I started editing pictures from 2010 this week, I guess I'm way behind.... :rolleyes:

I hear ya Yvonne! I still have to do my pics from June through now. I've been so busy taking pictures, I haven't had time to process them or post them. I don't know how others who get out every weekend or nearly every weekend manage to stay on top of it. I'll definitely be playing catch up over the winter, both with photos and writing trip reports. Who knows, maybe once I get caught up I can actually stay that way?

I hear ya Yvonne! I still have to do my pics from June through now. I've been so busy taking pictures, I haven't had time to process them or post them. I don't know how others who get out every weekend or nearly every weekend manage to stay on top of it. I'll definitely be playing catch up over the winter, both with photos and writing trip reports. Who knows, maybe once I get caught up I can actually stay that way?

pixie1339, I would love to work on my shots and do more editing and even post processing. But College keeps me so busy I literally have no time for anything and wish I could extend my day up to 25 or 26 hours.

Curious what your asking price is Nick?

I can definitely relate here. I love editing photo's so I don't mind taking a gazillion. Its an artistic challenge. Video on the other hand is chore-ish ..for now. I feel like a lost child. I hope once I get the hang of things it will become a breeze and fun though.. and when I cut down on the actual footage from my canyons and adventures to the "good stuff only"

Howdy Nick,
What's about the image and video quality of this cam?
I'm thinking about this kind of cams for hiking and canyoneering (non tec) activities.
Since six years Heike make movies on trail.
This isn't very comfortable, only one hand free.
I plan to fix this cam on my nice belly or on the hat.
Does that working nice?
I only have seen movies of biking, racing and rope swing activities.
Thx for help. :)

Back