HR 621 to sell public lands withdrawn

When I saw Chaffetz' post on that last night I had to double check that it was actually his account and not a spoof. First time I've ever liked something that idiot has posted. Really great to see that people on both sides of the spectrum put the pressure on him. Protecting our public lands shouldn't be a partisan issue. Very few people gain from selling them off.

When I saw Chaffetz' post on that last night I had to double check that it was actually his account and not a spoof. First time I've ever liked something that idiot has posted. Really great to see that people on both sides of the spectrum put the pressure on him. Protecting our public lands shouldn't be a partisan issue. Very few people gain from selling them off.
Yeah, credit where credit's due but it's also very telling how out of touch he is that he would think it would be an acceptable idea in the first place. It's one thing when Ted Cruz or people who have never set foot on public land want to sell it off but you should know better if you're representing Utah...

He still found a way to blame Clinton for this, so he can continue getting local support in Utah.

he is still having a town hall meeting on february 9th in cottonwood heights. HR 622 is still alive (unless it was killed in this update?)

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
gnwatts ANWR sell off General Discussion 0
Bigred72 Flickr is about to sell off your Creative Commons photos Photography 2
Archbishop suggestion: buy-sell-trade Questions, Suggestions & Support 1
fossana Bears Ears NM draft Resource Management Plan open for public comment until 6/11/2024 General Discussion 5
TrailScot Public bus from St George to Zion NP in 2024 General Discussion 7
fossana Public comment for revised Grand Staircase Escalante NM management plan (comments open 11 Aug - 9 Nov) General Discussion 11
futurafree "corner crossing" to reach public lands General Discussion 13
Pianomover Our overwhelmed public lands. General Discussion 4
fossana Biden admin public lands/environment wishlist? General Discussion 18
fossana Public comment period open until 10 Mar 2020 for proposed NEPA rollbacks General Discussion 4
fossana Zinke's last ditch attempt to suppress Dept of the Interior FoIA requests (public comment open) General Discussion 2
Artemus PUBLIC COMMENT - Bears Ears and Grand Staircase Escalante Management Plans General Discussion 19
Scott Chandler Antiquities Act Public Comment General Discussion 0
someguy Rob Bishop to speak with Salt Lake Tribune about Public Lands General Discussion 0
IntrepidXJ Public-lands visitation and recreation, by the numbers. General Discussion 3
Nick HCN: A wanderer’s guide to Western public lands General Discussion 0
Elf Owl Public Lands General Discussion 7
JackBurns USGS Engravings Offered to the Public General Discussion 0
IntrepidXJ BLM, National Park Service close public lands due to trespassing cattle dispute General Discussion 4