How far do you drive?

How far do you drive?

• Total voters

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

Bob

Trailmaster
so jealous!! but couldn't stand the winters
Lol..... Winter's are great, love snow and cold. Get -30 for about a week at most. Not as much snow at house this year....only 5 ft on the snow stick. Last year was 7 1/2 ft.

Last edited:

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

OwenM

Where I can go and do go are two different things. I live just north of Birmingham, AL, and will occasionally hike in east or north AL, but my favorite trails are 2.5-4hrs away, mostly in Tennessee. That's how far I'll typically drive late fall through spring, just for an overnighter. Whether the hike is 9 miles round trip or 27 is immaterial to me, as long as I see the things I want to see.
I don't hike as much in summer, head north a lot less often, and mostly dayhike at places <1-1.5hr away.
For vacations, I'm either flying out West, or driving further than time allows on my "weekends".

John Goering

Our drive time to Bridger Range day hikes is zero. Just head out the door. The Gallatin and Madison Ranges are about 30 minutes to an hour depending on which trailhead and Absraroka-Beartooth is about 40 minutes to 1 1/2 hours, again dependent on start location. The Tobacco Root Mountains are about 30 minutes. All sorts of other options within 2 hours, including a lot of Yellowstone.

Ben

Our drive time to Bridger Range day hikes is zero. Just head out the door. The Gallatin and Madison Ranges are about 30 minutes to an hour depending on which trailhead and Absraroka-Beartooth is about 40 minutes to 1 1/2 hours, again dependent on start location. The Tobacco Root Mountains are about 30 minutes. All sorts of other options within 2 hours, including a lot of Yellowstone.
^winning

Yvonne

I lava it!!!
Lol..... Winter's are great, love snow and cold. Get -30 for about a week at most. Not as much snow at house this year....only 5 ft on the snow stick. Last year was 7 1/2 ft.
I love the extra cold winters. was so disappointed last January when it never got below zero when I was in Yellowstone. I hope this winter ski trip I have super cold temperatures. I just love the cold and snow.

Miya

Because I am able.
I think most of my trips range from 2.5 to 7 hours. 2.5 - 3 is the closest to me.
I prefer driving and would go much longer lengths, like for BCP Fest! But there are so many cool things in CA I don't feel like I HAVE to drive that far away yet. Although there are a lot of places I want to visit in other states too :)