High elevation uinta campgrounds/lakes

Luke

Looking for a few things.

First, high elevation lakes that I can park at and kayak in. I'm familiar with most just off 150 near bald mountain pass area.

Second, high elevation campgrounds near lakes. It looks like washington/trial can't be booked until July 6th, making them first come first serve this holiday weekend. Will I have a chance at a spot if I show up Friday evening? Thursday evening?

TIA.

LUKE

Smith & Morehouse is a good one that isn't quite as high as the Hwy 150 options, especially considering this weekend will still be early season snow conditions.

I was up at Washington Lake last year during the first weekend. Come Thursday and Friday all the sites were long gone...at Washington Lake.

I was up at Washington Lake last year during the first weekend. Come Thursday and Friday all the sites were long gone...at Washington Lake.

So all of the sites at wash were gone on Thursday...or Friday...

So all of the sites at wash were gone on Thursday...or Friday...
They were all gone on Thursday...there were a couple that they didn't open until Thursday or Friday due to them waiting for the Forest Service to clear some fallen trees. Once they cleared them, they were opened and first come first serve.

They were all gone on Thursday...there were a couple that they didn't open until Thursday or Friday due to them waiting for the Forest Service to clear some fallen trees. Once they cleared them, they were opened and first come first serve.

Thanks. Did you happen to check at trial lake also? Maybe I'll go set up my stuff Wednesday night and just pay the extra money.

Good luck, it will be a madhouse along the MLH this weekend. Maybe try Spirit Lake out east, it doesn't see much traffic.

Good luck, it will be a madhouse along the MLH this weekend. Maybe try Spirit Lake out east, it doesn't see much traffic.
Seems like a good option, although it's waaaaay farther. Thanks.

Thinking about spirit lake this weekend. Any guesses on campsite availability? Is it usually quite crowded on weekends?

Back