Hi from Northern Utah

WesL

Hi,
We recently moved to Logan, UT, from Minnesota, and are still getting used to living in and exploring the mountains. Joined this site to hopefully find some ideas for hikes and backpack trips in the area. I'm also planning a John Muir Trail trip for this summer, so any tips/info is welcome.

Thanks,
Wes

Yeah Logan (I live in Logan too)!

There's a trail book called 'Cache Trails' that has many of the hiking trails in the area. I think the Forest Service office has it and I know Campsaver does in their store as well as other places in town. It's on Amazon, but I think that one is an older version and costs more than the current/revised edition.

There's also lots of info on this site, most of it by @Nick (owner of the site), who used to live in Logan!

Welcome. I'm on the other side of the Wellsvilles, but I can testify to how good the cache trails book is. I picked up a copy when I first moved here and it helped me out a lot.

Welcome! I'm also living in Cache Valley.

There's a trail book called 'Cache Trails' that has many of the hiking trails in the area. I think the Forest Service office has it and I know Campsaver does in their store as well as other places in town. It's on Amazon, but I think that one is an older version and costs more than the current/revised edition.
I bought my copy from the Cache Valley Visitor's Bureau in the middle of town (Southwest corner of 200 N and Main).

I did pick up a copy of the book. It's nice just for finding out which trails are around here, but I prefer more detailed maps, with mileage/distances and elevations, than elaborate trail descriptions.

I'll try to get hooked up with the Cache Hikers group at some point too.

I prefer more detailed maps, with mileage/distances and elevations, than elaborate trail descriptions.

There's also a Nat Geo Trails Illustrated Map for the Bear River Range I really like that has all this info. I like that more than the book, too.

Back