Hello from SLC!

Sarah

I've been reading this forum for the past month or so and it's sparked even more excitement for hiking and camping across Utah! I'm Sarah and I live in SLC with my fiance, our little hiking dog, and one grumpy cat. We moved to the area about 9 months ago and we're loving all the outdoor opportunities here so far. We've been camping in the Uintas, Arches NP, Capitol Reef, and Zion, and we're headed to Canyonlands next weekend. Longer term, we hope to do a backpacking trip in the Wind Rivers in July, and head down to some of the slot canyons in Southern Utah and Northern Arizona. We also did a big backpacking road trip almost four years ago that took us to a bunch of national parks in the West, and to the bottom of the Grand Canyon via the North Rim. Hiking and exploring are my two favorite things to do, whether it's a short little jaunt to a well-known landmark, or a longer, overnight trip. Also a big fan of naps, craft beer, beaches, puppies and a little snowboarding/XC skiing. I'm looking forward to connecting with some like-minded people virtually, and maybe in person as well!

Cool! Welcome to BCP! We'd love to see some pics from some of your adventures. Sounds like you've been all over the place!

Thanks! I'll have to dig through some pics when I get a bit more time. We're definitely pretty travel happy :).

Back