Hello from Omaha

garyhost

I'm about to set out on a 3+ week journey into the Southwest with the bulk of the time planned for the Cedar Mesa and Comb Ridge/Butler Wash areas.

Glad to have found this forum and I'm looking forward to sharing what I find.

Hello from a fellow Nebraskan. You're a more brave man than I to go to the desert this time of year! Hope it's a good trip for you!

Hello from a fellow Nebraskan. You're a more brave man than I to go to the desert this time of year! Hope it's a good trip for you!
I'm going to give it a shot! But the fallback is the Wasatch/Ashley if I can't take the heat.

I'm about to set out on a 3+ week journey into the Southwest with the bulk of the time planned for the Cedar Mesa and Comb Ridge/Butler Wash areas.

Hi from northern AZ,

I just visited comb ridge for the first time a couple weeks ago and it was beautiful and lots of great solitude. Hope you have a great trip!

If it's too hot you can go up on top. Elk Ridge, Bears Ears. Heavy woods, lots of shade, and cooler temps.

Welcome.
I have have found South Mule Canyon on Cedar Mesa quite nice this time of year, 4 or 5 miles up you will find some tall pines and lot's of shade, including one of the biggest pools around. I don't know how much water is in it now though. It has always been reliable, even in low water times. Good ruins too.

Welcome! I have lot's of family scattered all over Nebraska. I was born in Cozad, but was a Texan before I was a year old.
Enjoy your journey, Utah is awesome!
Cheers!

Back