Havasupai

AustinCronnelly

Butte Rat
This October I spent a few days in Supai with my wife and some family members from Montana.
We had been planning it for a few years so it was nice to have it finally come together. Before hand it felt like one of those once in a lifetime trips but it was so incredible, we will be back. We spent most of the time lounging around and swimming in all the various pools below some of the falls, just taking in the beauty and enjoying it together.

If you can swing it, I would try and give yourself one full Sunday. Most people seemed to use that as a transition day. We spent 3 hours at Havasu Falls with just the 4 of us on a Sunday afternoon. Unreal!

Here are a few pictures...

The new "Rock Falls"
RockFallssmall.jpg

First View of Havasu Falls
HavasuFallsUppersmall.jpg

Havasu Falls
HavasuFallsHorizontalsmall-1.jpg

Mooney Falls
MooneyFallsUppersmall.jpg

Rock Falls, it was alot higher looking down from the top
austinjump.jpg

Me and Nicole below Mooney Falls
MooneyKisssmall.jpg

Oh man, thanks for sharing! This is another place that's been on my bucket-list for sometime!

that does sound like a good idea :) Having the place to yourselves on Sunday must have been amazing. Thanks again for sharing, it's on my list for sure!

Killer shots! This is one of those places that I'd really love to go but the prospect of battling crowds and dealing with the reservation sounds like a pain. But your pictures might be swaying me on that. And I can't believe you had Havasu Falls to yourself for so long!

Thanks

We all hiked in but my Mom took the Mule out. I think next time we will pay to have them send our gear up and down with the Mules. Not that the hike is extremely difficult, but it's not often you have that luxury.

When I was last looking into it, it seemed that the mules were way expensive. As in just about the same as the helicopter ride! I might have missed some details on the prices though, so.......

Great shots, Austin. I have thought about going and maybe I will someday. I've seen so many good photos from there! Yours are awesome!

When I was last looking into it, it seemed that the mules were way expensive. As in just about the same as the helicopter ride! I might have missed some details on the prices though, so.......

You are right, I don't think it's that much of a price difference between the mules and the helicopter. You could have 4 people split a mule and put all the gear on it or send the gear on the chopper. I'm not sure what the price of that is though. I do remember coming across a guy who had a full cooler sent down on the helicopter but didn't realize he would have to carry it the 2 miles from Supai to the campground. The mules will go the full distance.

Killer shots! This is one of those places that I'd really love to go but the prospect of battling crowds and dealing with the reservation sounds like a pain. But your pictures might be swaying me on that. And I can't believe you had Havasu Falls to yourself for so long!
Don't forget you'll be battling full porta-potties too! (Still worth it though).