Happy to be A Part of A New Community

Rock

Hello All,
I've been lurking on this forum since late 2013 and finally decided to join. I've seen some amazing trip reports and photos on this site; it's actually helped me plan a few of my own.
As for me, I'm from the Utah Valley and have a lot of interest in any type of adventuring around my state. Whether that be canyoneering, backpacking, mountain biking or even 4x4. I enjoy it all!

Recently, I've been looking into a Uintas trip for early to mid October. Somewhere around the 13th. Probably to Allsop; I've seen some beautiful pictures up here of that area. I do, however, have a concern with weather for this trip. I know it's a total toss up. I'm mainly concerned with snow. I would like to here your guys' thoughts on Allsop, and how the weather might be at that time. I don't know if the trail will be super snowy or if the road to the trailhead will even be open. Any input helps.

Thanks for creating a super awesome community for an avid adventurer like myself and others alike. I look forward to being a part of it.

It's a total gamble, and the only thing to do is monitor the weather as your trip gets closer. It can be sunny and sweet or stormy and miserable...or a combination of the two.
The website I have found to be the most accurate is http://www.mountain-forecast.com but it's only a 6 day forecast.

Welcome!

Yep, you can never tell this far out. It just depends on what happens with the weather. I've had some really nice trips up there in October but it could just as easily be freezing cold and/or snowed in.

I totally see where you guys are coming from. Just hoping to get other people's experiences up there that late. What I'll likely do is have another trip planned for Southern Utah during that same time frame and if the weather isn't looking somewhat decent near East Fork Bear River we'll do the So. Utah one. I appreciate you linking me to that site, Parma. Looks like a great tool to have when trip planning.

Thanks for the input. I now realize that I should have maybe created this thread in the Trip Planning section. Totally my bad haha.

I'd just plan for southern utah and if you really want to hit the mountains and it works out, pivot. The Colorado Plateau is pretty amazing in October. Two words: yellow cottonwoods.

I've only done 1 trip in that area. Any TG/TR you can link me to?

I'm terribly uneducated about this part of Utah. Any suggestions? Looking for something between 7-12 miles to either out-and-back or loop. Will have 1 or 2 beginners in the group

I endorse what Nick said. Come October, those upper basins in the Uintas can get mighty frosty. I think you could count on having a good time down south. From what you're requesting, something like Coyote Gulch might be a good fit. With beginners, just access and exit via Harris Wash. Upper Muley Twist in Capitol Reef could be another good one. Really, the possibilities are endless though.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Thanks Will. I'll have to look into that, maybe make a new thread in trip planning haha

AL your guys' help is much appreciated

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Nick Happy 10th Birthday BCP! General Discussion 8
Bob Happy New Year ..... and cold ... General Discussion 3
Rockskipper Happy New Year Aurora General Discussion 0
kwc Happy Father’s Day to all the dads on the forum! General Discussion 0
Pianomover Happy Birthday! General Discussion 0
Wolverine1875 Just registered. Happy to have found the forum Noobs: Introduce yourself! 2
Reef&Ruins Not Super Happy About This.... General Discussion 15
J Burr Point Happy Canyon Airstrip Trip Planning 0
Ross Dirty Devil and Happy Canyon Hiking & Camping 14
Rockskipper It's that time of year, are you thankful or an ingrate? (Happy T-Day) General Discussion 10
SteveR Happy Canyon via Black Jump? Trip Planning 29
Ross Invite Cathedral Valley,Halls Creek.Happy canyon,Bisti,Caineville Mesa + more Meet Up (Members Only) 4
longtimesun Happy to provide beta on Mountains - New timer to BackCountry Post Noobs: Introduce yourself! 1
Jammer Cows in Happy Canyon General Discussion 10
Adventure monkey Steve Allen's exit out of Happy Canyon to the Big Ridge. Trip Planning 17
SteveR Happy Canyon and Coyote Buttes South questions Trip Planning 4
Dustin Gent happy canyon Trip Planning 11
Nick Happy 4th Bday, BCP! General Discussion 21
krough Happy to be here Noobs: Introduce yourself! 3
fiber Happy Canyon/Sams Mesa Box Canyon - 4 day loop from Burr Point Canyoneering 7
regehr happy canyon Trip Planning 17
CSNBR Happy to have found you all Noobs: Introduce yourself! 3
gnwatts Happy Chrismahanukwanzakah General Discussion 4
balzaccom Happy to join you Noobs: Introduce yourself! 2
Magic_Hour Happy Canyon Backpacking - Utah Backpacking 4
Nick Happy Birthday BCP! General Discussion 1
IntrepidXJ Happy Canyon & Poison Springs Hiking & Camping 7
Aldaron Happy Canyon Trip Planning 9
Nick Happy Birthday BCP! General Discussion 19
Michael Happy New Year General Discussion 1
regehr Happy Canyon Hiking & Camping 5
jason.scientist part human part goat Noobs: Introduce yourself! 2
F Adirondacks, NY, part 5 of 5, 10/10-10/11, 2022 Backpacking 8
F Adirondacks, NY, part 4 of 5, 10/10/22 Backpacking 0
F Adirondacks, NY, part 3 of 5, 10/8-10/9, 2022 Backpacking 2
F Adirondacks, NY, part 2 of 5, 10/7, 2022 Backpacking 7
F Adirondacks, NY, part 1 of 5, 10/6-7, 2022 Backpacking 4
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Thorofare and the Teton Wilderness 08/09/2023 - 08/18/2023 Part Nine / Day Nine + Ten! Backpacking 20
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Thorofare and the Teton Wilderness 08/09/2023 - 08/18/2023 Part Eight / Day Eight Backpacking 14
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Thorofare and the Teton Wilderness 08/09/2023 - 08/18/2023 Part Seven / Day Seven Backpacking 13
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Thorofare and the Teton Wilderness 08/09/2023 - 08/18/2023 Part Six / Day Six Backpacking 28
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Thorofare and the Teton Wilderness 08/09/2023 - 08/18/2023 Part Five / Day Five Backpacking 16
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Thorofare and the Teton Wilderness 08/09/2023 - 08/18/2023 Part Four / Day Four Backpacking 15
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Thorofare and the Teton Wilderness 08/09/2023 - 08/18/2023 Part Three / Day Three Backpacking 10
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Thorofare and the Teton Wilderness 08/09/2023 - 08/18/2023 -- Part Two / Day Two Backpacking 6
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Thorofare and the Teton Wilderness 08/09/2023 - 08/18/2023 --Part One / Day One Backpacking 10
Rockskipper @Bob or anyone know why they closed down part of the forest near W. Yellowstone? General Discussion 6
BJett Part 3 - Tour de Canyon Country. Lower Escalante Loop Hiking & Camping 0
BJett Part 2 - Tour de Canyon Country. Swell Times Hiking & Camping 0
BJett Part 1 - Tour de Canyon Country. Cedar Mesa. Hiking & Camping 8