Happy Canyon

Aldaron

Aldaron submitted a new Trail Guide:

Happy Canyon

1-jpg.9071

With expansive views over the Dirty Devil River and a beautiful slot canyon, Happy Canyon makes a great non-technical hike in the Robber’s Roost area.
Read more about this Trail Guide...

Woot! That's cool.
Thx for sharing, Keith! :)

Unfortunately the Trail Guide isn't visible in Tapatalk.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One X mit Tapatalk 2

Way cool. Notice any water sources other than the Dirty D along the way? I'd be interested in doing this as an overnighter.

Other than puddles in the canyon, I didn't see any other water. But this trip report talks about finding water further up canyon. I wouldn't mind going for a longer trip out here like that.

Other than puddles in the canyon, I didn't see any other water. But this trip report talks about finding water further up canyon. I wouldn't mind going for a longer trip out here like that.

That link belongs to a cool east-coast guy named Daniel who helped me with info when I did my thru-hike in 2009. I loaded up on decent water from near the bottom of the narrows (stagnant, but still better than the Dirty Devil.) Then I found a few outbreaks of water in the middle-stretch of the canyon as Daniel reported. I wouldn't trust it too much late in the season or in a very dry year. Farther up I also found water just above the fork with French Canyon and then a short stretch of running water farther up near the head of South Fork.

BTW -- I think I'm headed back there later this month or early May to finish the hike I bailed on last year!

- Jamal

upper french spring fork has nice water (probably permanent). on a spring trip we found a number of seeps/puddles near the confluence of the N and S forks that were mineralized and nasty, but usable. I'd guess those are gone in summer though.

Back