Happy 10th Birthday BCP!

Nick

-
10 years ago today I converted my old blog into the Backcountry Post community/forum. Huge thanks to all of you for making it the amazing, thriving community that it still is. 4,000+ trip reports have been posted and still going strong. And extra special thanks to the BCP supporters who pay the bills and the moderators that keep things going around here like @Jackson, @Perry and @Dave.

So any suggestion on how to spruce the place up for the next 10 years?

Definitely thankful for this forum. In the past few years it has gotten me on some amazing trips in some places that I may not have otherwise gone. Definitely has been a good influence on the arc of my backcountry/backpacking life.

Best thing, for me, would be another meetup. Guess I'm getting sociable in my old age. Otherwise, I feel the place is doing pretty well. It's not the most active place on the internet but it doesn't need to be.

10 years ago today I converted my old blog into the Backcountry Post community/forum. Huge thanks to all of you for making it the amazing, thriving community that it still is. 4,000+ trip reports have been posted and still going strong. And extra special thanks to the BCP supporters who pay the bills and the moderators that keep things going around here like @Jackson, @Perry and @Dave.

So any suggestion on how to spruce the place up for the next 10 years?
This place is one of the biggest contributors to getting me into backpacking! Awesome that it's been around 10 years now. Thanks for creating it and keeping it going, Nick.

I'll have to think more about suggestions. More trip reports and photos are always in order! Fresh trips always keep things interesting!

Nick, Thanks for such a great forum and for everything that you do. Wishing You the Very Best!

Back