Guess the spot

Figured this would be a slow one.

Here's what it looks like in the other direction. It is not named on the maps but has a local name (maybe really local). The wall behind may be a good clue for some.

1-14-2021-c.jpg

Is this Lake of the Crags in The Tetons?

Nope to both of you, go west a little bit.

An earlier clue: It is not named on the maps but has a local name (maybe really local).

It's unnamed on maps, but it looks like the lake below the Western side of The Wigwams. You can see the small "dam" structure on Google Earth. I have no idea what local name you're looking for, and I don't know any local names for the spot in the first place. Got lucky by doing some brute force scanning on Google Earth (assuming I got the right spot).

Yep, it's a B-25 operated by the Commemorative Air Force! https://commemorativeairforce.org/aircraft/4 Quite the aircraft, and the pilots enjoyed showing it off. A coworker and I ended up getting to ride on the plane because we sat in front of a hotel sipping beers with the pilots the night before they were doing flights at this particular location(sounds more sketchy when I tell the story this way...). We didn't get on for free, but we did get a discount! It would be absolutely worth the full price though.

I'll give you a hint: This spot is neither East nor West of Nebraska.

Bonus picture of the plane:
i-n9rcCjh-L.jpg

But of course @zionsky ! Not a lot of impressive/major landmarks in NE, so I had to dress one up with a story about a B-52 :) All yours now.

Yep, it's a B-25 operated by the Commemorative Air Force! https://commemorativeairforce.org/aircraft/4 Quite the aircraft, and the pilots enjoyed showing it off. A coworker and I ended up getting to ride on the plane because we sat in front of a hotel sipping beers with the pilots the night before they were doing flights at this particular location(sounds more sketchy when I tell the story this way...). We didn't get on for free, but we did get a discount! It would be absolutely worth the full price though.

I'll give you a hint: This spot is neither East nor West of Nebraska.

Bonus picture of the plane:
i-n9rcCjh-L.jpg
Holy cats. I am indeed jealous of that opportunity to grab a flight in one. Very cool.

Oh right, Scott's Bluff. Duh on me. :)