Greetings from Brooklyn!

randakag

I’m an experienced backpacker who works too much and only gets out in the wilderness a week or two a year. When I do go, I look for solitude, amazing scenery and a full wilderness immersion. It’s the antidote to taking the NYC subway every day. I’m also an avid photographer, and plan on getting into camp each day by 4pm so I can bask in the best light. You can check out my photos at: randakag.smugmug.com.
My lovely wife and 2 kids have no interest in sleeping in tents and not having a bathroom for a week. Hardly unusual...
On the trail I’m a self-contained unit, carrying a one-person tent (I love my tarp-tent), jet-boil and gravity water filter. I don’t use GPS, preferring to stay on trail with topo and compass. I also like to go relatively slow, 7-12 miles a day, to fully take in the wilderness about me. Lastly, I often prefer Wilderness Areas to NPs. More solitude. Less pavement. If you’re looking for a low maintenance hiking partner for a week off the grid, drop me a line. Thanks!
Andrew
PS: después de vivir varios años en Argentina y Chile en los ‘90, hablo español.

¡Bienvenido! También hablo español. I think you'll find that a lot on here share your perspectives on backpacking and wilderness. What wilderness areas do you like to visit?

¡Bienvenido! También hablo español. I think you'll find that a lot on here share your perspectives on backpacking and wilderness. What wilderness areas do you like to visit?
Hola Jackson,
Mucho gusto!!
My last 5 trips have been to The Bob, Wind River, Pecos, Pasayten, and Sawtooths (ID). Loved them all, each for different reasons.
My current wishlist is: Uintas, Weminuche, Trinity Alps, Alpine Lakes (though permits are tough), Amsel Adams, Anaconda Pintler, Gros Ventre. The Bob is massive, and I’d love to go back.
How about you??

Teton Wilderness and Lee Metcalf Wilderness are two of my favorites. And then I also love the national forests and BLM land down near Capitol Reef. Those are all probably top of my list!

I've never been to the Bob, but I know it would probably be a favorite too. I've gotta get up there!

You'll get some of the best beta around on the Uintas from some of the people on here.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
cabshire Greetings from Ohio! Noobs: Introduce yourself! 6
porcupinerambler Greetings from NW WY Noobs: Introduce yourself! 6
Parashakti Greetings from Western Washington Noobs: Introduce yourself! 5
E Greetings from Seattle Noobs: Introduce yourself! 0
W Greetings from the West Side of the Winds (Wind River range) Noobs: Introduce yourself! 5
F Greetings from western NC Noobs: Introduce yourself! 1
Pichungo Greetings from California fellow outdoor enthusiasts Noobs: Introduce yourself! 7
U greetings from southwest Utah Noobs: Introduce yourself! 3
I Greetings from southern AZ Noobs: Introduce yourself! 1
Pianomover Greetings from northernmost California. Noobs: Introduce yourself! 6
Hiker Seth Greetings from Maine Noobs: Introduce yourself! 5
D Greetings from Missouri! What are your favorite Hikes in the Sawtooths? Noobs: Introduce yourself! 4
O Greetings from a Colorado Noob. Noobs: Introduce yourself! 9
David Rule Greetings from the Mid-West Noobs: Introduce yourself! 22
C Greetings from SC Noobs: Introduce yourself! 3
Gregg B. Greetings Noobs: Introduce yourself! 9
T Greetings from the East Coast Noobs: Introduce yourself! 4
RedRockRambler Greetings from a new noob in San Diego Noobs: Introduce yourself! 3
Joyce & Tom Greetings from Overland Park Noobs: Introduce yourself! 4
F Greetings from Wisconsin Newbie Noobs: Introduce yourself! 4
D Greetings Noobs: Introduce yourself! 2
MarkintheHV Greetings from the Hudson Valley Noobs: Introduce yourself! 3
Dirkules Greetings from Germany Noobs: Introduce yourself! 5
Papa Dave Greetings! And one quick question Noobs: Introduce yourself! 1
JSDez23 Greetings From SLC Noobs: Introduce yourself! 5
MVS Greetings from Wisconsin! Noobs: Introduce yourself! 1
hamtron5000 Greetings and Salutations from Western Colorado! Noobs: Introduce yourself! 1
LandOfLizards Greetings from Denver Noobs: Introduce yourself! 3
Opi Greetings from the badger state Noobs: Introduce yourself! 3
Gesenwein Greetings from Cortez Co. Noobs: Introduce yourself! 1
John Goering Greetings from SW Montana Noobs: Introduce yourself! 5
JulieKT Greetings from Southern Utah Noobs: Introduce yourself! 13
Jeremy C Greetings from up north! Noobs: Introduce yourself! 4
Chuck the Mauler Greetings Noobs: Introduce yourself! 3
mak1277 Greetings Noobs: Introduce yourself! 0
EastSiideRyda Greetings from the DMV Noobs: Introduce yourself! 0
kimbur96 2 nights in Little Brooklyn Hut, Snowy Mountain Range, Wyoming Winter Sports 4