Grand Canyon Ideas

donkiluminate

Hi Folks,

I might be a little late in getting started but I'm looking for some backpacking ideas for the Grand Canyon. Somewhere in the 4 days/3 nights kind of deal.

So far I've been thinking about Old Bright Angel Trail to Clear Creek and then back up North Kaibab. Has anybody done the Old Bright Angel trail and/or the Clear Creek trail just north of Phantom Ranch?

I'm wanting to get away from the crowds a bit. Admittedly my idea above doesn't do a very good job at that although at least it's a little different than the ol' rim-to-rim(to rim) type of deal. Any suggestions would be great. At this point, with permits I imagine I'm looking at a late September, early fall time frame as well.

Jump-up cyn to Kanab creek to GC to deer creek or thunder rivet and out. More remote... Usually less permit demand. Suberb area... Get narrows, grand cyn hiking and waterfalls

Jump-up cyn to Kanab creek to GC to deer creek or thunder rivet and out. More remote... Usually less permit demand. Suberb area... Get narrows, grand cyn hiking and waterfalls

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll check it out.

Lower Deer Creek gets packed with the rafting crowd; plan accordingly if you go.

Lower Deer Creek gets packed with the rafting crowd; plan accordingly if you go.
Yep... And don't camp there it's been trashed and rodents are horrible. I'd camp at fishtail and then up on the esplanade or hike past it just viewing...

Don't. Know if my slide show of most of this route is still up on here. Vid is on u tub ... Both I think are cranberry route...I think.

There used to be a ladder up high .... Sonewhat near fishtail mesa to get you back on top

Back