GPS Question

Rx88

so don’t know if this is the right area for this but I am trying to figure out how to install maps on my PC to load onto Basecamp to place on my GPSMAP 64s using openstreetsource maps any one have experience with this I download the file then the install file is now working anyone have suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so don’t know if this is the right area for this but I am trying to figure out how to install maps on my PC to load onto Basecamp to place on my GPSMAP 64s using openstreetsource maps any one have experience with this I download the file then the install file is now working anyone have suggestions?

Throw that GPS away, and use Gaia on that phone you used to type this answer.

http://www.adventurealan.com/iphone-gps-map-backpacking/

Actually the gps function isn’t reliant on cell signal. You can keep your phone in airplane mode to conserve battery and still use the gps.

That said, no idea on your original question. Good luck!

Used to think I needed to buy separate equipment, then I got Gaia. When I download the maps at home and put my phone in airplane mode I've been able to almost constantly use it for almost 4 days. That said, I don't know how to answer your question :)

Used to think I needed to buy separate equipment, then I got Gaia. When I download the maps at home and put my phone in airplane mode I've been able to almost constantly use it for almost 4 days. That said, I don't know how to answer your question :)

What if Gaia doesn’t have maps for areas of your interest? I downloaded Gaia and have tried to find any maps including the Shawnee Forest of southern Illinois. There’s a lot I don’t understand about the app, but it doesn’t appear to have maps of this area.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What if Gaia doesn’t have maps for areas of your interest? I downloaded Gaia and have tried to find any maps including the Shawnee Forest of southern Illinois.

Which map set are you trying to load? The USGS topo maps have complete coverage for the lower 48.

048817F6-E7F3-4642-9EA0-C83CF205C9D1.png

Extra battery pack is a lot lighter than a standalone GPS unit. Backcountry Navigator Pro is cheap and awesome.

Also whatever happened to that black hills trip you were planning? Believe you owe a trip report, kind sir!

Extra battery pack is a lot lighter than a standalone GPS unit. Backcountry Navigator Pro is cheap and awesome.

Also whatever happened to that black hills trip you were planning? Believe you owe a trip report, kind sir!

That’s coming up! Dont leave for that till the ends of the month but it’ll be a 5-6 days and planning to write up a full report

Which map set are you trying to load? The USGS topo maps have complete coverage for the lower 48.
Wow! I need to figure out that app as I could not locate the topi maps you showed.

Back