Good Article

Were you the backpacker that shared the photo? I remember you being one of the last to ever see these guys. Really well done article.

I'll add that I have a lot of respect for Cam Sholly after reading how he went out alone to search.

After Hugh, Scott, and I had arrived at campsite 8R5 we took a walk down to Shoshone Lake to check out our surroundings. We noticed two individuals rowing a canoe heading East -- I remember thinking/hoping that they were enjoying their time in the backcountry as much as we were. It was disheartening (days later) to learn that they likely succumbed conditions on the lake sometime later in the evening.

I hope it is not disrespectful to post this (likely) picture of them -- I'd like to think they were in a happy place at this point in time. The canoe is visible about a quarter of the way from the left side. More detailed pictures were submitted to the park service inquiry which I'll refrain from posting here.

5J5A9082.JPG

That was a really nice day for us. I remember the three of us saying what a great day it would be to be paddling, very little wind, looks awesome.
_DSC2137.jpg

Five hours later, we got an amazing sunset to close out the day
_DSC2228.jpg

I tried sending the photo I took but the email kept bouncing.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
wsp_scott Article: Trapped in the Winds General Discussion 2
scatman Another Interesting Article General Discussion 6
BobFink Recreation.Gov article in Wall Street Journal General Discussion 12
scatman Interesting Article General Discussion 5
scatman A Good Article General Discussion 8
Rockskipper Interesting article about dark sky parks General Discussion 12
scatman Article that brings back memories. General Discussion 10
wsp_scott NYTimes article: Guess the spot saves someone's life General Discussion 1
scatman Interesting Article General Discussion 27
Rockskipper Earthquakes in Sawtooths Changing Things (Article) General Discussion 3
wsp_scott Interesting article about a wolf General Discussion 0
scatman A Good Article General Discussion 8
Rockskipper The Bees! Interesting article about a Canadian woman who decided to hike instead of dying General Discussion 3
fossana NY Times article on lead ammunition General Discussion 12
wsp_scott Article: Crisis in our national parks General Discussion 96
ramblinman Food Fight: Article in the New Yorker about the Hell's Backbone Grill in Boulder, UT General Discussion 7
isleroyaleguy Grizzlies in Wyoming article. General Discussion 6
Vegan.Hiker Great article about a fellow adventure seeker General Discussion 4
Laura Interesting article about wilderness General Discussion 17
NateGeesaman Nick's photo in a BBC travel article General Discussion 2
FourisTheNewOne Vermillion Cliffs - NatGeo article General Discussion 0