Fracking Kanarraville

Bill

So the $10 parking fee went into effect last summer... no big deal really. Then last week the rungs were stripped off the lower log ladder and today heard that once you start up the trail a local land owner will send a small horde of children after you to collect a $4 hiking fee.

From what I understand the road is BLM (access 2477) beyond that its WSA / school-trust land and the area between the water tanks and first creek crossing is private property. So is this even legal?

geez...... by Summit42, on Flickr

It sure doesn't sound like it would be legal. Maybe the parking fee but an additional fee charged by a land owner seems kinda sketchy to me. Personally, I would skip that spot. Nothing worse then greedy folks making a profit off something that we all should enjoy free.

I think it worth stopping. Short kid friendly hike, cold water, nice slot, close to the highway, killer waterfalls, and its a great way to kick off a weekend in the Zion.

Judging by the stuff you listed, I would stop and pay as well.

Kanarra Falls is one of the most beautiful around and worth the stop. Just remember to pack some cash for the shake down.
I'll go back I still have not been able to get a picture of the falls that I like.