Followed Members

Discussion in 'Questions, Suggestions & Support' started by Artemus, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Artemus

Artemus I walk

What is the purpose of Following Members? I mean, how can I leverage that feature?

Is there a view or page that lists all/new comments made by my followed friends or one for their threads/posts?

2. Bob

Bob Trailmaster

Where would they lead you anyway ......... probably astray..... :eek:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
    HomerJ, blueeyes and Artemus like this.
  3. Artemus

Artemus I walk

I don't follow any members that would lead me astray.

Dave, Jackson and gnwatts like this.
  4. Bob

Bob Trailmaster

You followed me and it was even in the "Lost" Rivers

Artemus likes this.
  5. Artemus

Artemus I walk

That is where I learned you wouldn't lead me astray. Hey, who followed who? I seem to remember being out in front most of the time :)

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
  6. Ben

Ben Member

where are we at with this thread.

Chuck the Mauler likes this.
  7. kimbur96

kimbur96 Member

I don't know I'm just following along ;-)

Artemus and Ben like this.
  8. Nick

Nick Post 'em if you got 'em!

Sorry guys, I am a slacker admin. There are some functions of following that are not really in use here on BCP. First, the list of online members on the sidebar is supposed to just be a list of names. The little avatars usually only happens to followed members, but I didn't like that so I modified that code to show faces for all.

Second, there is a Recent Activity function that shows everything people do on the forum. It's basically a timeline of who liked what and who commented on what. I think if you have followed members it puts them in a separate or otherwise highlighted feed. I thought that was all pretty stupid though, so I cut it out. Do you really need to know what everyone else likes and comments on?

So basically, as far as I can tell, the follow function really doesn't do much.

9. Artemus

Artemus I walk

Well, I was basically hoping for a page or function that shows what my followed people are doing. Posts, comments, etc. Help me separate wheat from chaff. Why else follow someone?

Ben likes this.
  10. Nick

Nick Post 'em if you got 'em!

I hear ya. Right now, there maybe isn't really a reason to follow someone. I'll admit, I follow no one, simply because it bothered me to have them separated in the sidebar. And I try to read the whole site anyway. I'm going to put this in the to-do bin for next time I have some time to do some improvements. I'm a bit overwhelmed with non-BCP stuff right now. :(

11. Artemus

Artemus I walk

Thanks ObiWon Kenobi!

Nick likes this.