Flickr is now Free....

Bill

http://blog.flickr.net/en/2013/05/20/a-better-brighter-flickr/

In the beginning, Flickr innovated the way people share and discover photos. Today, we are shifting the photo-sharing landscape again. We’re releasing a Flickr that’s more spectacular, much bigger, and one you can take anywhere.

Biggr. A free terabyte of space
At Flickr, we believe you should share all your images in full resolution, so life’s moments can be relived in their original quality. No limited pixels, no cramped formats, no memories that fall flat. We’re giving your photos room to breathe, and you the space to upload a dizzying number of photos and videos, for free. Just how big is a terabyte? Well, you could take a photo every hour for forty years without filling one.
And yep, you heard us. It’s free.

Spectaculr. A new, beautiful experience for your photos
We want Flickr to be the most amazing community and place for you to share your photos. So, we’re also revealing a beautiful new design that puts photos at the heart of your Flickr experience, where they should always be. Whether it’s a sweeping landscape or a family portrait, we want every photo to be at its most spectacular.

Your homepage is now a gateway to everything you care about, and all the photos Flickr has to offer. Our new Activity Feed combines your friends’ recent uploads with activity on your own photos, and all in a beautiful design that lets you share and interact right on the page.

Sort of bothered. They still have pro accounts but the cost spiked. Pro accounts now get you no ads and stats and not much else. The photo stream is a mess and sets are not featured on the account page anymore (they're buried in a tab).

Yeah, I'm not in love with it but my photos do look better. I can't find anything though, and I miss seeing the commentary below everyone's photos. What's the new cost?

I think it's pretty cool overall! I'm not crazy about the fact that your sets are displayed on a separate tab, but I love that so many of your pictures are displayed at once. I usually post a bunch of pictures at a time, so the ones that don't appear on my front page often get ignored. I like that it keeps showing more as you scroll down. I definitely can't complain about not having to pay for a pro account anymore.:twothumbs:

I dig it. Flickr was so old and stale before. I wish the scrolling was infinite though rather than doing it kind of half like that and have with pagination. Makes me think about using it again.

Has anyone retained their pro account status? Or has anyone moved from pro to free? My pro account expires soon and I'm debating whether I should renew it or not. No ads might be nice. I look at stats once in a while...I might miss those a little.

Thoughts?

Has anyone retained their pro account status? Or has anyone moved from pro to free? My pro account expires soon and I'm debating whether I should renew it or not. No ads might be nice. I look at stats once in a while...I might miss those a little.

Thoughts?
I like the stats enough to keep on as a pro. Is it still the case that if you are not pro, you can only see your last 200 photos? What's your flickr user name? I wanna see some pics.

I like the stats enough to keep on as a pro. Is it still the case that if you are not pro, you can only see your last 200 photos? What's your flickr user name? I wanna see some pics.

I'm not sure how many photos you can see as a non-pro member. Good question. 200? I know that used to be the case.

Ha...I just glanced at your flickr photostream and I'm kinda embarrassed to share mine after looking at your sweet shots! I'm just a point-and-shoot-capture-something-to-remember sort of guy.

Yeah...I should just renew. What's a few bucks a month anyhow? Although, I'm cheap and I hate getting nickled and dimed! =)

Thanks for the replies.