Flickr Explore

pixie1339

Desperately Seeking Sandstone
Since we have some excellent photographers on here that have been Explored, I'm turning to you guys for help. How can I tell if one of my photos made it to Explore? Can a photo you posted months ago go to Explore? I've had more hits on my page in the last couple hours than I have in the last couple months, and the emphasis seems to be on my Wave pictures from last year. That's the only reason I can think of that I'd be getting so much attention all of a sudden.

Thanks for your help figuring it out guys! This is just as good as Explore as far as I'm concerned. I've never had this much attention on my Flickr page before. I knew there had to be something behind the sudden interest. It's pretty cool!

Explore attracts a lot of flickr "bottom feeders". Personally, I cant stand the "awards", "great shot! check out my most recent photo" comments, and crappy group invites. When a photo of mine hits explore I get a spike in view but then I have to spend the time to delete the clutter.... I like to keep a clean stream ;)

There's a few different ways to increase you're chances of making explore as well.

I had a couple of pictures in Explore and wondered why all of a sudden I got all those crappy invitations etc. And then all those comments.
I also discovered that lot of my shots were stolen when they apeared in Explore. So I erased most of my shots on Flickr and don't post a lot of my pictures anymore. Just wondered why anyone is stealing from my stream when there are much better pictures.

Explore attracts a lot of flickr "bottom feeders". Personally, I cant stand the "awards", "great shot! check out my most recent photo" comments, and crappy group invites. When a photo of mine hits explore I get a spike in view but then I have to spend the time to delete the clutter.... I like to keep a clean stream ;)

There's a few different ways to increase you're chances of making explore as well.

I've noticed that a lot of people who are Explored get the awards and junk like that. Those bother me, too. So far I've just had tons of faves and comments, and a whole slew of people adding me as a contact. I just think it's neat to get a little more exposure. Until now I've only had a handful of Flickr friends that ever comment on my photos, with an occasional person stumbling onto my stream. I guess I'm getting a taste of what it feels like to be you for a day, Bill.:lol:

This is just as good as Explore as far as I'm concerned. I've never had this much attention on my Flickr page before.

I'd much rather be on the flickr blog than on explore. The blog is curated, explore is determined by an algorithm.