Fishhawk Creek, Washakie Wilderness Area

westy

I've heard there is avalanche debris, impassible and unroundable, preventing access to Glacier Basin/pass. Anyone able to confirm or deny ? So long as these stupid discs go back inside their proper home, I'll be tromping around up there this summer.
Thanks for any info.

Absarokanaut

A friend of mine went up on Fishwak Glacier via Open Creek about 5 years ago and like it is across much of the Washakie the Beetle Kill was horrendous. Some outfitters out of Cody probably have better info now.

Kmatjhwy

Wilderness Wanderer
Now personally I have been in upper Fishhawk Creek and Upper Mountain Creek with being up on this Glacier Pass Area a number of times. Yes there is a route over - a path over the pass. There are some special special places of mine in the area that I just love and that make great super wild camping places. Yes expect down timber and what all along the route for it is wayyy off the beaten path but it can be done by some good hikers or a good horse party. Glacier Pass is exceptional gorgeous bigtime! Right nearby is wonderful Fishhawk Glacier. Now Glacier Pass is the pass that links the Upper Fishhawk Creek Drainage with the Upper Mountain Creek Drainage. And then nearby to the south is the wonderful and expansive Trident Plateau which someone could spend weeks and weeks wandering about and being in the middle of a summer. This is also Great Great Grizzly Bear Country! Now very possibly I will be back in here sometime next summer myself wandering about. Now feel free to send me a message if you would like more info and would be happy to help you out.

Kmatjhwy

Wilderness Wanderer
Westy, Sent a reply to your message. feel free to contact me at anytime. Also it seems last summer there was a fire in the Fishhawk Creek Drainage which needs to be mentioned. Wishing You the Best!

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Packrafting Escalante - FiftyMile Creek and low water level Lake Powell Trip Planning 3
Laura V. Four Days in Salt Creek Canyon, April 2021 Backpacking 14
BackpackingtheSierras Republic Pass Trail North Absaroka into Yellowstone Cache Creek and Lamar River Trip Planning 1
futurafree Muddy Creek and Kane/Bullet Trip Planning 10
travel2walk trip report: Wind River Range – Ross Lakes, Bear Basin, Grasshopper Glacier, & Dinwoody Creek loop, Aug-Sep 2020 Trip Reports 26
regehr Millers Creek General Discussion 0
Laura V. Bears in Salt Creek Canyon, Canyonlands Trip Planning 76
Lowro Tourist Creek, WRR Trip Planning 12
Bushwacker West Clear Creek Ruin Hiking & Camping 2
Miya Beach Backpacking and Creek Bed Sleeping Backpacking 29
norwegianxplorer Summiting Mount Whitney from Guitar Lake, 6 Days backpacking the Sierra before the Creek Fire closed everything down. Backpacking 5
scatman Cache Creek, Yellowstone National Park - September 10, 2020 Backpacking 8
norwegianxplorer Sequoia National Park just before the Creek Fire Backpacking 6
P Salt Creek water Backpacking 2
Arizona Jones Wet Beaver Creek Arizona, Backpack Trip Backpacking 8
B Thorofare loop (almost) Cabin Creek, Hawk's Rest, Ishawooa Creek 8/11-19 Backpacking 55
scatman Pebble Creek, Yellowstone National Park - August 14, 2020 Backpacking 42
norwegianxplorer Greater Yellowstone part 2, from the Headwaters of Yellowstone River, through the Thorofare, Overlook Mountain, Rampart Creek Backpacking 9
NorthwestWanderer Backpacking the Lost River Range in Idaho : Bear Creek Lake & Upper Basin Backpacking 7
andyjaggy Deep Creek Lakes and Windriver Peak Trip Planning 6
B Thorofare loop from Deer Creek Trip Planning 20
regehr "Sulphur Creek is flashing" Canyoneering 0
ramblinman Boulder Creek Day Hike, Escalante National Monument Hiking & Camping 5
norwegianxplorer Muddy Creek 6 day backpacking loop with My Own Frontier Backpacking 5
S Hansen Creek Rio Grande NF Conejos River Trip Planning 3
NorthwestWanderer 3 days in Idaho/Oregon's Hells Canyon: Pittsburgh Landing to Willow Creek Backpacking 2
I Water in Frisky Creek south of Highway 12 in the Grand Staircase? Trip Planning 0
RyanP Coyote Gulch to Halls Creek via Stevens Canyon Trip Planning 28
Blake Merrell Fossil Creek Backpacking 10
ram A Christmas Pine Creek/Keyhole Canyoneering 1
Kullaberg63 Pack Creek to Castle Valley - below the rim. Backpacking 0
Blake Merrell Clear Creek Reservoir On The Water 6
P West fork of Salt Creek? Trip Planning 4
Tim Valentine Big Pine Creek Eastern Sierra Backpacking 10
scatman Whetstone Creek, Teton Wilderness - October 11-14, 2019 Backpacking 19
scatman Grebe Lake, Headwaters of Lava Creek and Observation Peak, Yellowstone National Park - September 13, 2019 Backpacking 7
TrektheWorld Salt Creek or other Utah Backpack Meet Up (Members Only) 2
McKee80 TR: Bear Lakes Basin Pine Creek TH 09-05/11-19 Backpacking 14
TrektheWorld Salt Creek - Needles or other options in the Utah desert Trip Planning 4
wsp_scott Citico Creek Wilderness (TN) Backpacking 4
misSOULa Montana's Bitterroot Mountains: Big Creek Lakes and Ranger Point Backpacking 2
bdunn02 Stough Creek Basin via Twin Lakes Backpacking 7
P Teton Crest Trail via Coal Creek/Moose Meadow trails Trip Planning 2
WasatchWill Grove Creek: A Father-Daughter Backpacking Trip Backpacking 8
S Washakie: E. Dunoir Creek - Shoshone Pass Info Trip Planning 13
wabenho Sawtooth Creek Crossings (early season) Trip Planning 4
woodmaker_58 Fox Creek, Tetons Trip Planning 1
R Escalante River / Calf Creek Falls Current Conditions Trip Planning 10
Jackson Walking Along a Nice Creek in the Desert Backpacking 28
Jon Carbaugh Yellowstone, Wildlife and Slough Creek May 23 to 26th Hiking & Camping 20