Fires - 7/9/21

Bob

Trailmaster
For those interested the greater Yellowstone area is socked in with smoke already...... A lot from Oregon fires, some from the Dixie Idaho complex and some from a fire just south of Hebgen lake......,

Uggh... I was trying to hold on to the faint hope that my august Winds trip might have clear skies...

Good thing we got our trip in GYE back in June. Was a little chilly at night but clear days. And lots of cute baby animals.

It's not great in the Bozeman area, but it's not too bad either. Wind must have shifted because it was worse yesterday morning. I'm sure we'll be having a rough go of it in a month unless tons of consistent rain comes out of nowhere. Back to 90s this weekend and next week :(

Edit: spoke too soon. The smoke is pretty bad now.

Last edited:
It's not great in the Bozeman area, but it's not too bad either. Wind must have shifted because it was worse yesterday morning. I'm sure we'll be having a rough go of it in a month unless tons of consistent rain comes out of nowhere. Back to 90s this weekend and next week :(

Edit: spoke too soon. The smoke is pretty bad now.
Yep. Visibility about 4 miles right now. sigh------

Wow, things look bad in ID, WY, and MT.

The haze just started to roll into SW UT, I thought from a new 9.8K acre fire in Grand Canyon-Parshant NM, but
the smoke map makes it look like others are contributing. Last year was bad with local wildfires (at least 4 within 5 miles of our town), and I anticipate this year will be worse. At least they clamped down on fireworks within town/city limits for once.

The Sierra still looks clear, fortunately.

Screen Shot 2021-07-11 at 3.58.05 PM.png