Field work for the Cold podcast

Dave

Broadcaster, formerly "ashergrey"
In November 2018, I launched an investigative podcast series called Cold about the 2009 disappearance of Susan Powell. For anyone who's familiar with the case, it will come as no surprise that my review of the case required some close study of Utah's West Desert region. I spent several weekends on the Pony Express Trail as well as in areas to the north and south scouting locations.

The photos below are gathered from those various expeditions.

Gold Hill
_MG_0527.jpg

_MG_0532.jpg

_MG_0520.jpg

_MG_0716.jpg

_MG_0738.jpg

Pony Express Trail
_MG_1972.jpg

_MG_1959.jpg

_MG_1970.jpg

_MG_7150.jpg

_MG_7176.jpg

_MG_7185.jpg

_MG_0455.jpg

_MG_0435.jpg

_MG_0440.jpg

Topaz Mountain
_MG_7540.jpg

_MG_7373-HDR.jpg

_MG_7546.jpg

_MG_0183.jpg

_MG_7525.jpg

_MG_0339.jpg

I80/Bonneville Salt Flats_MG_7206.jpg

_MG_0073.jpg

Patty and I listened to all the podcasts. Excellent work @Dave! I can only imagine all the work you put into it. Your passion was obvious throughout. Is there another podcast project in the works?

Great pictures as always!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beautiful pictures! 0339 is my favorite. Gorgeous sunset.

Your podcast has many of my friends riveted to it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I'm a fan of the podcast. It was the lunchtime conversation on Wednesdays for weeks. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Love the layers of sky and mountains in the photo before the salt flats.

Oh yay! Thanks for linking your podcast! I am going to start listening today. :)
So many dramatic photos, I can't choose a favorite. Bobbi and I stopped at the Salt Flats on the way home, same gorgeous lighting, but there were humans and photographers everywhere in the way! One girl was running around spreading purple...gas...powder? Gah it was frustrating!

I'm not ashamed to admit I was one of the many who
anxiously looked forward to Wednesday and the next
episode.

Fantastic photos!

In fact, they're so good you should create a slide show
with Steve Chantrey music. ;)

In November 2018, I launched an investigative podcast series called Cold about the 2009 disappearance of Susan Powell. For anyone who's familiar with the case, it will come as no surprise that my review of the case required some close study of Utah's West Desert region. I spent several weekends on the Pony Express Trail as well as in areas to the north and south scouting locations.

The photos below are gathered from those various expeditions.

Gold Hill
View attachment 76713

View attachment 76709

View attachment 76714

View attachment 76710

View attachment 76712

Pony Express Trail
View attachment 76716

View attachment 76715

View attachment 76717

View attachment 76721

View attachment 76720

View attachment 76719

View attachment 76729

View attachment 76730

View attachment 76731

Topaz Mountain
View attachment 76726

View attachment 76727

View attachment 76725

View attachment 76724

View attachment 76728

View attachment 76723

I80/Bonneville Salt FlatsView attachment 76722

View attachment 76718

That's you? I got the updates every morning on KSL. The pics are beautiful. I will figure out how to listen to the podcasts. I'm a smartphone novice.

That's you? I got the updates every morning on KSL. The pics are beautiful. I will figure out how to listen to the podcasts. I'm a smartphone novice.

That is me. What kind of device are you using? You can send me a PM and I'll walk you through it.

I got through ~80% of the podcast over the weekend. Great job on the investigative part and production (especially the Steve Chantry self-produced music). What a bizarre story. I went to the rival high school of Josh Powell, but didn't know him or his family.

Hi Dave,
I recently finished listening to the podcast. It took a while. The first few episodes were just too painful to listen to and I had trouble making it through them. I have occasionally gotten involved in other people's family issues and this sounded too much like some of those though this was many degrees worse. The narcissism of our culture is wide spread and very distressing.

I think the thing I appreciated most about the podcast was your pledge at the end. I hope, as you do, that other men will follow your example. As the father of adult daughters I often worry about them and the men in their lives. For myself, I made the same kind of pledge you did when I got married. I think my wife, if you asked her, would tell you that I've been a good and honorable husband and father. It was and still is my intention.