Favorite 2-3 day backpacking trip.

Strawsome

Im looking for a great backpacking trip for this spring and I need something new. I've done: Coyote gulch, death hollow, zion narrows, parunuweap (the barracks). I also want to stay in the southern part of Utah or surrounding areas. What are your recommendations/favorites? I have about 8-10 people going, experienced and we'd prefer something in the desert, red rock, and water is always nice if possible but not required.

If you go back out to the Escalante area, you could check out the Neon Canyon area. When I did it we backpacked to a base camp area then spent the next 2 days checking different places out. I am sure there are options in that area for a good 2-3 day trip.

Im looking for a great backpacking trip for this spring and I need something new. I've done: Coyote gulch, death hollow, zion narrows, parunuweap (the barracks). I also want to stay in the southern part of Utah or surrounding areas. What are your recommendations/favorites? I have about 8-10 people going, experienced and we'd prefer something in the desert, red rock, and water is always nice if possible but not required.

Maybe South Canyon to Vaseys Paradise in Marble Canyon? Round Valley Draw down into Hackberry Canyon?

Here's some ideas:

Cap Reef:
Spring Canyon: 1/2 or all. Can be looped.
Halls Narrows

Escalante:
LDH/Wolverine: can extend up onto the V on west side of river.
Cottonwood/Llewellyn/Reflection Canyons (near Hole in the Rock descent)
The Neon mention is a good idea: Fence/Escalante/Harris wash/Egypt Bench (I have yet to do)
Grand Staircase:
Sheep Cr/Willis/Bull Valley Gorge (tricky entry)
Paria/Hogeye/Sam Pollock/Hackberry/YellowRock

Canyonlands Needles:
Any designated site loop in the heart of the Needles and Chesler Park
Upper Salt Cr hike through, or and part of, with side canyon explorations
Canyonlands Is in the Sky:
Syncline/Taylor Canyon loop

Cedar Mesa:
Fish/Owl Loop
Kane to Bullet in Grand Gulch
Slickhorn 1 to 4 loop (I have yet to do)

Escalante is a very cool area to go hiking. I have been to the Golden Cathedral and Neon Canyon, Spooky and Peel-a-boo slot canyons. There are campgrounds out there (e.g. half a mile down Egypt Road coming from Hole in the Rock road). I have also seen lots of people camping along the Escalante River on my way to Neon Canyon.
I also liked the Coyote Buttes North AND South a lot but it will be near impossible to get permits for such a big group of hikers.

Here's some ideas:

Cap Reef:
Spring Canyon: 1/2 or all. Can be looped.
Halls Narrows

Escalante:
LDH/Wolverine: can extend up onto the V on west side of river.
Cottonwood/Llewellyn/Reflection Canyons (near Hole in the Rock descent)
The Neon mention is a good idea: Fence/Escalante/Harris wash/Egypt Bench (I have yet to do)
Grand Staircase:
Sheep Cr/Willis/Bull Valley Gorge (tricky entry)
Paria/Hogeye/Sam Pollock/Hackberry/YellowRock

Canyonlands Needles:
Any designated site loop in the heart of the Needles and Chesler Park
Upper Salt Cr hike through, or and part of, with side canyon explorations
Canyonlands Is in the Sky:
Syncline/Taylor Canyon loop

Cedar Mesa:
Fish/Owl Loop
Kane to Bullet in Grand Gulch
Slickhorn 1 to 4 loop (I have yet to do)

Thank you, I've been considering the fish/owl loop or the wolverine hike as well as neon. Llewellyn looked good as well.

Nice to see this discussion! My GF and I are headed to Zion/Bryce/EGS May 8-22. Zion and Bryce for 2 full days each. Was looking into short backpacking trips just to explore the region without the crowds. New to desert backpacking and neither of us wants to be wading hip deep in canyon streams or carry 2+ gallons of water. Coyote Gulch looks good for at least an overnight, especially if I can find the springs anywhere near a campsite. Carrying wag bags is also a new experience!

Was trying to find something scenic within our limits for 2 nights out in Escalante Grand Staircase. Looking through the lists here will be a great help. If not, may just have to squeeze in the remaining few days to visit the North Rim. Certainly different than my annual Wind River event!